Home

Realism Mod

stevea

I was thinking back today to games that held my interest for longer periods of time.

I thought it would be nice to have something like a few of the maps from Operation Flashpoint meets SWBF. Can you imagine a sniper map in a huge world like OF maps were but using the SWBF engine?

On one of those maps in retail OF i remember driving for 25 minutes before I saw the other side of the map -lol. I would burn all my other games if this engine could do this...hehe

I think something can be done in the future to mod speeds and alter damage in SWBF but that may be the closest to the type of realism your wanting.

I agree there should be a selection somewhere to not play in a Melee Havoc Style all the times and have no bases capturing just less men on the field and more thought in every action... with a longer respawn time. If you get shot your out for say 2 minutes. I dont think people would ram buildings or fly as poorly as they do in MP now. And teamwork would mean killing organized not just spawn, attack, spawn attack.

Replay is often lost when repitition of actions EQUALS the same result as sitting somewhere out of the game not even playing. Everyone likes to feel like they are a difference in the battle. Right now its your connection and your mouse that makes the difference LOL.

My 2 cents on Realism in SWBF.

Personally I am looking forward to doing a complete mod, in the sense of new textures, characters, levels, enviroments. I want to do something quite unique with the Battlefront tools make it possible, or maybe some of you coders would be willing to help, I am loving what you are doing with the texture editor already, more progress please.

Your work isn't going unnoticed :)

Archived