Home

Fleet Rebel Reskin

Clone003

I'm not sure how to put it back in the file, but I must say that I'm VERY impressed, and I was waiting for someone to come out with a skin like this. I could use someone like you in my new mod, but if you dont want to thats fine. Once again, Im happy to see people skinning for this game, and i was waiting to play as the Fleet Trooper, but I can't help you out with the lvl files, but I wish i knew how to do that.

Nice work Clone03..

Hoping to see more of these done the way they should have been in the begginning :) If you dont mind I will try out your reskin in game and load it up and post the images here....

Once Bcompiler is out you will convert your dds to swbf format and simply hex edit it back into wherever your covering over the old skin...after modding your skin the rest is about a 5 minutes copy/paste fest then your gtg. the faq on the site is helpful and we most likely will include a nice readme faq with the Bcompiler package.

If you get/make more skins feel free to post them here , im working on a fett skin to replace darth on all darth hero maps .... just to see the possibliltes...but I love coming here to see what folks have skinned.

while i wait for all.lvl to load....heheh

Is there any way you can make a snapshot of the bump results? I've not had that happen , so far we make about a build an hour when were in there but we actuayll added more tex_ so Bviewer will see everything now... Id likle to see what your getting on your end. Make sure its 1.45 bviewer and what app you use to open your .dds with>?

I opened SIDE/all.lvl and extracted a perfect bump of the inf_pistol_bump. These appear to represent animated images , they extract fine but until just now I hadn't messed with bumps in bviewer. Post a pic of what your getting if you like and we can see whats up.

Its your app bud...here is a photoshop pic of opening the same file in dxtool and photoshop. Try using dxtool to view it....its perfect everytime...

all_1st_weap_inf_rifle_bump.gif

I will have the pics up in a little while from your skin, i had to find what map they play on and eat some quick lasagne while i watch them kill each other...

My Bad ,Clone.

Nimlot just reminded me that im using tommorrows release of 1.50 Bviewer which includes bump maps support, (way to many builds on my pc , hehe) dont throw that app away just yet, hehe.

Also were both messing with your texture/skin right now to see results on theed and endor using it... will post results for you (everyone) here.

Ok here goes Nimlot got it working after pasting the dds over all 4 areas where medic is used in all.lvl.

medic1.JPG

medic2.JPG

Nice work....it takes a little time to get all this pasted. hehe. Would love to see what else you can do with say....the M. Falcon or Darth Vador!

Archived