Home

problems- help please?

captainmuldoon

Hi, um... I just bought this game, under a friend's recommendation and i love the look of it but i can't play it. i tried to install it on my newest computer (windows XP home) but when i click install it says "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. choose 'close' to terminate the application"

and when i try to install it on my older PC (windows 98) it installs fine, but when i play it the only button which responds is pause. I've tried the whole "take out keyboard and remove keyboard from system devices" instruction from the troubleshooting and it didn't work.

any help on either problem? thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Have you tried copying all the files from cd to hard drive then installing the game?

The only reason I ask is I am running gf perfectly now on xp with directx 9.0 after having major problems running it from disk.

Otherwise try downloading this patch

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/index.php?dwn=6945970000;dosapps_sp2_patch.exe

I had a similar error message displayed on another application a while back and this fixed the problem, it might work.

Archived