Home

It's a movie thing... apparently

Joshi

So most British people have probably heard of the Empire magazine, you know, the one that rates movies and that films love to have quotes from on the back of their DVD's. Well it seems, that http://www.empireonline.co.uk decided to do a 100 best games list, and I thought, hey, these guys knowing at least a thing or two about movies, they might know a smidgen about games.

Results came that they seemed to like EFMI (well it's in there, although the rest aren't, but it seems they only rated 3d games (because those are all that really count these days dontcha know) but to add a little taste, Grim Fandango was in there with a nice little review (they all came with about a paragraph of review with a "most memorable bit" at the end, EMI's one somehow being Monkey Kombat, but Grims one being Glottis).

The thing that didn't quite seem right were the Star Wars games. I know that as a movie mag, they have to love the films, but there's something wrong when you incoporate 4 of it's games into a apparent Top 100 list.

Check it out for yourself.

Hmmm, I don't really have much respect for this list. I know it is based on current consoles so very very few of my favourites are in it. It is just that they have plenty of games in the list that arn't even out yet. How can those games be must own games? Some of the games in it are also very bad games.

Archived