Home

XWA RFP

Guest ZealoT

Guest ZealoT

Could the Rebel Fighter Patch BE any more complicated?? I thought I could just replace the old files with the new ones. Turns out i have to download binhexedit and vb5 stuff. I have no idea how to make the upgrade work. What do u do with the hexeditor and how do u do it? Someone please help!

[This message has been edited by ZealoT (edited August 16, 2000).]

Guest Ms. Talon

Errr..actually, all you really needed to do is double-click on the .exe file, after you put the upgrade.zip file anywhere on your HD. (No need to extract its contents.) This will open up the install box with a selection of ships and things you can choose to upgrade.

The only complication is:

Get the 'fix' for the cap-ship turbolasers first.

If you don't want to get the 'fix' file first I suggest you do NOT install any of the turbo lasers. Even after you get the fix I suggest don't install the green Imperial tubos, as I found they still sprayed debris instead of bolts. But since I don't really care about updating the turbolasers, it's really no big deal!

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited August 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited August 16, 2000).]

Yup thats right listen to Talon she knows what she is talking about it just takes a few klicks to install the whole thing.

------------------

SOB KNIGHT 1

Time Zone Gang forum time + 6 hours

"Only feel sorry about things you didn't do"

Star Wars Space Sim Guide

Guest ZealoT

Thanks alot Ms.Talon. I didn't know it was that easy. Just it sed in the readmes that u had to hexedit loadsa stuff. That's wot confused me. Sorry about dissin' the RFP. Its damn good! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ZealoT (edited August 16, 2000).]

Guest Darth Massacator

Don't feel bad ZeoloT, when I read all the readme files included with the download, it made me think the same thing. Even though the FAQ at the upgrade site said all you have to do is click the *.exe file, when I saw the readme files, that kinda through me off. Thanks Ms. Talon for elaborating on that.

Archived