Home

Patches

Guest falkcj

Guest falkcj

Hi,

Thanks to all the people who have responded to my previous posts. It was very helpful. smile.gif

Anyways, I am just curious about all these patches I keep hearing about. I havn't installed any and I havn't noticed anything wrong. There seems to be different types like nca? and regular patches I guess. Something to do with multi player maybe? I havn't played any multi player yet. I am waiting until I beat the game so I don't make a complete fool out of myself. Can anyone fill me in what these patches are for and why we need them?

Considering that I havn't applied any patches to XWA which patches/combination of patches should I install?

Thanks,

Chris

Guest Marril

NCA = New Craft Add, adds new ships.

Version 1.2 Patch: official patch, fixes game bugs, allows you to take screenshots.

XWAUP Patch: adds new OPTs for existing ships, makes them look better.

I'd only recommend XWAUP/Version 1.2. I just get a funny feeling about NCA...

------------------

"And it came to pass that the Wrath of Oingo Boingo fell upon the land. And Oingo Boingo cried out and said, "Behold, I have a wrath and I have fallen out upon your land." And the villagers of the land were frightened and proclaimed to Oingo Boing, "Behold, we are frightened, because you have a wrath and have fell upon our land." And Oingo Boingo answered to them, "Its because of you being frightened because of my wrath and falling out upon your land, that I shall destroy you." And Oingo Boingo did so. And it was NOT good, for all those who did see the great Oingo Boingo fell to his wrath."

-Tyais 3:16

Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.

--Tyais

[This message has been edited by MISSINGNO. (edited _*-@&-@&^!).]

Clarification:

Only the 2.01 and 2.02 are official patches, published by Lucas Arts , which correct AI and gameplay issues, as well as adding the infamous "Film room"!

NCA and XWAUP are third parties "add-ons" , created "by gamers for gamers".... oops, that's another company's logo... redface.gif

[This message has been edited by Fondas (edited September 06, 2000).]

Guest Vark111

I also use NCA with no problems, however, there *is* a 'bug' in it that you have to be aware of: Make sure if you use NCA that you turn *off* "Mip Mapping" in the Video Options/Advanced screen. From what I understand, some NCA ships use large format textures (512x512) and that causes the Mip Mapping (which I believe can only handle up to 256x256) to crash on most systems.

I seem to remember reading that XWAU is purposely restricting themselves to 256x256 (or smaller) specifically because of this issue.

------------------

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Archived