Home

Superlaser

Guest DarthHulkster

Guest DarthHulkster

Hey, I was wondering about the final mission of XWA. Ya know when ya have a choice to cripple the superlaser or keep going to the reactor? Well I was thinking when you cripple the reactor, if the superlaser is bouncing all over the place inside the Death Star II, shouldn't it be destroyed?

Guest DarthHulkster

Yea, but the superlaser is just bouncing arounding inside that chamber, shouldn't it destroy something besides you? Or do like when it hits all the lenses it's all charged up?

Actually, u destroy the targeting thingy i think so the laser still fires but without being directed. Well that's wot i think anyway.

------------------

[GOGA]ZealoT

U've been ZealoTed

Well, first of all there are several Focusing lasers used to create the beam. Then there is the primary beam that comes out from the center of the lens.

YOu have several million Kilojoul beams, and a main few million Megajoule beam. (at least) then you add a Septillion pound explosion that creates a shockwave out beyond 1000 km with debies and gas and such

no bouncing, it just gets added to the big expolsion

Guest oldmansteve

What I don't get (although it's probably just that this never occured to the XWA design staff) is why the Death Star doesn't just start chewing itself to pieces when you're finished destroying the superlaser lens. After all, light will still refract through a cracked lens-it will just go in some other direction. How cool would it be to see a misdirected laser on a scale of, say, a million megajoules rip through the Death Star? It would blow my mind to see residual damage from a superlaser misfire as I traveled further into the Death Star. I would really be impressed if it made the mission much more difficult (collapsed tunnels, molten drops of metal, etc.).

But would it even BE up to that power? The lens is partially responsible for making the laser have that kick and without the lense to focus it...like a magnifying glass. The light from the sun doesn't vaporize an ant all on it's own, add simple lens and you can cook that bugger. biggrin.gif

------------------

demon.gif

I don't need a fancy title. I'm better than you and you know it--Radivil Shestoi, Pilot of Gundam 006 DemonHawk to Duo Maxwell

Guest Plat Mallar

Yeah, but you still have the laser that fired, which means that it could chew itself to pieces. BTW, has anyone ever had an "out of Death Star experience"? I mean when you play the mission have you ever turned around and left the tunnel. If you haven't I suggest you try!

------------------

9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm sane.

Guest DarthHulkster

Hehehe, I've done that. The only problem is that when you turn around you have all the ships that were on your tail slamming your @$$. I found something cool doing that also. I haven't done this in awhile. When I left the tunnel, i think I turned towards Endor and when you are about to hit the wall (picture of Endor) I turned back towards the Death Star directly at it.Then what you see is the reactor and the lens. I only flew to the reactor (helps keep you alive for half of it). Then when you get to the generator, do what you usually do and get the hell out of there through the tunnel. You can't take the easy way out.

Archived