Home

Presenting: Alfred's latest creation:

Guest Ms. Talon

Ms. Talon, I've noticed that this spectre class as well as your Rapier fighter have a beautifull but ...unusual design.

Both of the formentioned fighters have a peculiar hull ...extention ! smile.gif

I'm pretty sure that they serve a purpose but it seems a little wierd to me since they differ from any other design that I've seen so far...

P.S. Strategic fighter ???

------------------

XWROLL.GIF

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent"

TZG+7

There was a fine line between wing commander(and friends) and the starwars universe. I must say that the design is typical of anything except starwars (which will always be mine favourite). Though the model is indeed impressive, it has lost the starwars feel. Just my thoughts...

Guest Ms. Talon

Well, the ship was not originally created for Star Wars, nor was the Rapier; in fact, he wanted a very different look from Star Wars.

It was just fun to create the Rapier .OPT for XWA, and conjure up a rationale for it. However, I do not feel the design is like anything from Wing Commander (those designs are more human-looking, more like jet-fighters). If Alfred's designs are similiar to any production it would be "Babylon 5"'s alien ships, which also has that techno-organic feel to them. He's always felt that the designers on that show were on the same wave-length as he.

Of course, it's pretty well impossible nowadays to be so original as to not reflect something that's been done, whether you meant to or not. As the saying goes: "There's nothing new, under the sun"...it's so true.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited September 13, 2000).]

You don't think those "extensions" could be some sort of Freudian design? smile.gif A little bit of posturing on how "big" and "powerful" the ship is? Hehe, just a thought!

I like thinking of the forward pods, as the weapons pods, if one of the weapons gets broken it would be very easy to replace even in battlefield conditions. Maintance crews can replace a F-15s engine in under 20 minutes. The same could be true of alfreds designs.

Also, if there ever happens to be a weapons over load, all you need to do is eject the pod, and the pilto can get home jsut fine

Yeah - they do certainly look, well - Id have to sy they are the only opts Ive seen that could be refered to as 'sexy' !

But I like my 'bilaterals'. Such as the Colonial Viper from Battlestar Galactica.

But I do still like designs that break from the norm, but whilst still sticking somewhat to 'the old ways' - which is part of why I like the B-Wing so much I guess...

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

Archived