Home

The Root of the Server Only Problem

razorace

Ok, I've figured out why Basic was crashing in server only mode. I guess I had forgotten that I had added the holstered weapons code to Basic and this slightly alters the network packet sizes and causes the mod to not work in server only mode.

Now, I think we have an option here of reversing the change (and not have holstered weapons) and possibly have the mod work in server only mode again. Options? Suggestions?

I think that probably it would be a good idea to have it working server side only. That way, it would be more acceptable to many of the people that would use it on their servers - they wouldn't just have the small percentage of people that go through the effort of getting the mod off the internet.

I heard that some mod (I forget which) added a feature for on the fly FTP/HTTP downloads while trying to connect (much faster than the normal DLs). I don't know if it would be useful for this purpose, however...

Also, I think I can recode the holster code to work without the network code change so we might have a win, win, situation here.

Sounds good to me. Make it so!

Right now without holster stuff being an entity people can effect (ie just visual) I see no reason why the server needs the information.

Archived