but.. anyway i still believe in them...

i hope they get the good way again...

rolleyes.gif

------------------

"Im becoming less human..."

SadShadow

The Lone Shadow Wing

oh boy, here we go again! wink.gif

LA is not dying. Every company goes through some rough times at one point or another. LA started out at the top. They've had people leave and go to other companies, and a movie to base games off of that a lot of people didn't like. They will get better over time, as people come back to the company and stay there. We've had our little excusion on the console systems, and rumor is that LA has a couple new PC titles that they are working on. It's only a matter of time.

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest DarthHulkster

One problem is that lucasarts has really not been making the games lately. They've done more publishing than making it themselves. Demolition was made by Activsion and Battle for Naboo was made by Factor 5. And thats why there will be no more X-Wing games because they were made by Totally Games and published by Lucasarts. Lucasarts only owns the copyrights and crap.

What Lucasarts needs to do is sit down and make they're own games for PCs and make it so that it will run on most comps. They really blew it with Obi-Wan. They made quality games by themselves like Jedi Knight. Probably one problem is that they have been caught up in making all those crappy episode 1 games. The only good one so far that is descent is racer.

Well there is one problem.. LA is not making games.. they are hiring companies like TG to MAKE the games.

Typically if Lucasarts wants a game created, they look at the market.. figure out what sells go give the rights to a company to make that game.. Naming junk and all that.

Lucasarts has pretty much now turning into Star Wars: Marketing

Guest DarthHulkster

Exactly my point. Lately LA has only been publishing the games and have companies like Factor 5, Totally Games, and Activision make them. Lucasarts pretty much just hands out the copyrights. It seems LA has just gotten themselves into a hole with all those ep1 games they made excluding BFN. They need to make a game for the classic trilogy again or maybe even a campaign from the books like Dark Force Rising or Darksaber.

Archived