Home

Keyboard control

Guest Adolfo

Hi, I wonder if there is a keyboard controls list more complete that the one on the game menu, and also I need to know what key let me fix a target fast without using the T or Y keys to select a target, because such a key would be useful in the rescue of the slaves, isn't it. Thanks

Don't you ahve the manuel? if not, and you either got thise from someone else, or pirated it.. SHAME on YOU!

well, i do knwo that the Defalut Joystick utton 2 when "clicked" will target the ship in you crosshairs.

and if you go to the optiosn screen, and select "Joystick controls" (i htink) it will ahve alist of ALL the commands used in the XWA game (besides wingman controls)

Guest Derrek Vri

Adolfo, in the slave ship mission the best way to target the landing craft quickly is to use the 'O' key, which targets the nearest objective craft. It works in any mission, but usually isn't all that helpful, however in the slave ship mission it is invaluable.

Another helpful tip is to get your wingmates to ID the landing craft for you. To do this, simply target one landing craft with the 'O' key, then press the left arrow key until you come to the wingman commands in the bottom left corner of your HUD. Select the lowest wingmate by pressing the appropriate number on the number row of your keyboard (e.g. '4'). Select the "Tactical" submenue the same way ('1', I believe) and then "Identify target type" ('4' I think). Viola! Your wingmate will automatically inspect every one of the landing crafts and you can use the 'O' key to cycel through and disable the slave ships without wasting your time on the others.

~DVri

N.B. Do read the manual if you have it, or at least look at the shortcut card. Spend sometime in an easy skirmish getting used to the many different commands available.

Archived