Home

How to edit...the reticle!

Relle

My one and only aim with the mod tools is to edit the sniper class reticle to be maybe 1/3 or even half the size what it is now outside of scope mode. However, I'm a little in over my head, as this is the first game I've ever attempted to mod, and I don't know how to do anything, or where anything is. So I guess my question is, where is the graphic for the reticle, how do I modify it, and why the hell did they make the damn thing so big in the first place?

That's something i would like to know, because no sane sniper would ever want to try and snipe enemy infantry with an open crosshair like that. I would always go with a {+} type reticle. Makes aiming a whole lot better. But as I'm not a modder and don't have any knowledge on the subject I can't help that much except try to use what we have now and drawing more attention to this thread so maybe someone can help us.

basically what we are doing is this ---------

:monkey4::snip2:

and it is not working well. :bored:

but at least i've gotten slightly better at aiming with that stupid reticle

Sigh...many failed attempts have...well, failed. And taught me nothing. There is a way to extract the reticle, but any attempts at editing it in Photoshop have resulted in the file size changing. This is bad because the larger file it's meant to be in has to be the same size at all times or Battlefront crashes. The best result I've gotten is switching the sniper and assault reticle, the latter of which has a dot in the middle, which makes it better for aiming. But that's about it.

Archived