Home

XWAU: Imperial Space Debris???

Guest Expert Rookie

Guest Expert Rookie

I just reinstalled the RFP Patch from the XWAU site and then I ran the installer. After that, I played a simple skirmish mission with a ISD, i found out that the green long tubolaser appears to be a rock... I changed the BHE settings to the ones in the weapons.txt that came with the zip and edited equipment0.lst to have it recognize the turbolaserlong.opt, but that still didn't work... can anyone help me?

------------------

"I suggest a new strategy Artoo, let the Wookiee win." -Threepio

Guest Fondas

No, I'm afraid not.

I've never used the RFP so...

Maybe you could visit XWAU site and pop a question about that

This is a known problem (though they looked like Emkays to me) with various solutions for correction.

Easiest would be to wait as I think that they are going to re-release the RFP with miscellaneous fixes - one of which would be the Turbolaser problem.

Another suggestion was to install the RFP multiple times (without uninstalling it)which (according to those people) meant that eventually the RFP got it right.

The way I solved it was to use MXvTEDs weapons editor where I noticed that the Emkay opt was defined for some of the weapons - so I changed it. I'm not sure why editing this information (Weapons-OPT File probably) in BHE hasn't worked for you though.

What you will have to do to solve this for now, until it is fixed, go to your FlightModels folder, open it up... scroll in it until you see.. EQUIPMENT.lst, open it up and scroll down until you see: 'FlightModels\RebelTurboShort.opt'

FlightModels\RebelTurboMedium.opt

FlightModels\RebelTurboLong.opt

Add: FlightModels\ImpTurboShort.opt

FlightModels\ImpTurboMedium.opt

FlightModels\ImpTurboLong.opt

This should solve your problem with the Turolasers... smile.gif

Sincely, rogue518

[This message has been edited by rogue518 (edited April 25, 2001).]

Guest Expert Rookie

Originally posted by Expert Rookie:

I changed the BHE settings to the ones in the weapons.txt that came with the zip and edited equipment0.lst to have it recognize the correct .opt file

Already did that

------------------

Guest emupiett

Or when you install the RFP, don't select the turbolasers to be installed. I believe when you first install it, there is a box that you can uncheck.

------------------

"Intensify forward firepower!!"

Guest Expert Rookie

Thanks, is there really any difference in the graphics of the laser between the XWA default and the XWAU?

------------------

Guest Redwing

I prefer the original lasers.

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Archived