Home

Help with crystal properties

CTOAN

I'd like to play around with the properties for the Solari crystal and then do a 'dark side' Solari crystal. I checked all the things that Darth333 mentioned, but the tutorial that she said to check [alongside the readme] - which is indeed quite useful - only covers changing properties; he said that he would address *making* new items later and I haven't seen it. Did I miss something when I checked the readme? I'd also want to do the 'anti-Solari' is a different color - perhaps a darker red than the normal red crystal?

So all I need is a kickstart, really. Thanks!

:cool:

Originally posted by CTOAN

I'd also want to do the 'anti-Solari' is a different color - perhaps a darker red than the normal red crystal?

So all I need is a kickstart, really. Thanks!

check this thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124184

this should work for crystals as well

and this thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143312

hope this helps

Upgrade crystals do not contain properties. It is simply the item(.uti) and all it really does is point to the icon used for that crystal. All of the upgrade crystal properties are in the lightsaber uti files so in order to make a new crystal you will have to edit all of the saber uti's 18 in total and you will need to edit upgrade.2da and add your crystal referance.

First off, thanks to Darth333 , Sketch42, and T7 for helping me out; I'll try my first mod whenever I get time - hopefully this weekend.

Next time I promise I'll be a good n00b and start a thread rather than hijacking one that exists :)

Secondly, in case anyone wants that list without hunting for it, here it is:

list shortened for purpose and sanity's sake.

--------------------------------

IVb. Masks:

Masks:

g_i_mask14 - Sith Mask - Immunity: Mind Affecting, Weapon Focus:

Lightsaber Force Regen. 1

g_i_mask22 - Circlet of Saresh

IVc. Hands (Gauntlets):

g_i_gauntlet03 - Sith Power Gauntlets

kor38a_gauntlet - Marko Ragnos' Gauntlets

IVe. Body:

Jedi Robes:

g_a_jedirobe01 - Jedi Robe (Brown)

g_a_jedirobe02 - Dark Jedi Robe (Grey)

g_a_jedirobe03 - Jedi Robe (Red)

g_a_jedirobe04 - Jedi Robe (Blue)

g_a_jedirobe05 - Dark Jedi Robe (Blue)

g_a_jedirobe06 - Qel-Droma Robes

Jedi Knight Robes:

g_a_kghtrobe01 - Jedi Knight Robe (Brown)

g_a_kghtrobe02 - Dark Jedi Knight Robe (Grey)

g_a_kghtrobe03 - Jedi Knight Robe (Red)

g_a_kghtrobe04 - Jedi Knight Robe (Blue)

g_a_kghtrobe05 - Dark Jedi Knight Robe (Blue)

Jedi Master Robes:

g_a_mstrrobe01 - Jedi Master Robe (Brown)

g_a_mstrrobe02 - Dark Jedi Master Robe (Black)

g_a_mstrrobe03 - Jedi Master Robe (Red)

g_a_mstrrobe04 - Jedi Master Robe (Blue)

g_a_mstrrobe05 - Dark Jedi Master Robe (Blue)

g_a_mstrrobe06 - Darth Revan's Robes (Dark side only)

g_a_mstrrobe07 - Star Forge Robes (Light Side Only)

IVi. Lightsabers & Crystals:

Lightsabers:

g_w_lghtsbr01 - Blue Lightsaber

g_w_lghtsbr02 - Red Lightsaber

g_w_lghtsbr03 - Green Lightsaber

g_w_lghtsbr04 - Yellow Lightsaber

g_w_lghtsbr05 - Violet Lightsaber

g_w_lghtsbr06 - Malak's Lightsaber

g1_w_lghtsbr01 - Lightsaber w/ Heart of the Guardian Crystal

g1_w_lghtsbr02 - Lightsaber w/ Mantle of the Force Crystal

Short Lightsabers:

g_w_shortsbr01 - Blue Short Lightsaber

g_w_shortsbr02 - Red Short Lightsaber

g_w_shortsbr03 - Green Short Lightsaber

g_w_shortsbr04 - Yellow Short Lightsaber

g_w_shortsbr05 - Violet Short Lightsaber

g1_w_shortsbr01 - Short Lightsaber w/ Heart of the Guardian Crystal

g1_w_shortsbr02 - Short Lightsaber w/ Mantle of the Force Crystal

Double-Bladed Lightsabers:

g_w_dblsbr001 - Blue Double-Bladed Lightsaber

g_w_dblsbr002 - Red Double-Bladed Lightsaber

g_w_dblsbr003 - Green Double-Bladed Lightsaber

g_w_dblsbr004 - Yellow Double-Bladed Lightsaber

g_w_dblsbr005 - Violet Double-Bladed Lightsaber

g_w_dblsbr006 - Bastila's Double-Bladed Lightsaber (Yellow)

g1_w_dblsbr001 - Double-Bladed Lightsaber w/ Heart of the Guardian Crystal

g1_w_dblsbr002 - Double-Bladed Lightsaber w/ Mantle of the Force Crystal

Lightsaber Crystals:

g_w_sbrcrstl01 - Rubat Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl02 - Damind Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl03 - Eralam Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl04 - Sapith Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl05 - Nextor Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl06 - Opila Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl07 - Jenruax Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl08 - Phond Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl09 - Luxum Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl10 - Firkrann Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl11 - Bondar Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl12 - Sigal Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl13 - Upari Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl14 - Blue Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl15 - Yellow Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl16 - Green Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl17 - Violet Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl18 - Red Crystal

g_w_sbrcrstl19 - Solari Crystal

g1_w_sbrcrstl20 - Heart of the Gaurdian

g1_w_sbrcrstl21 - Mantle of the Force

tat18_dragonprl - Krayt Dragon Pearl

kas25_wookcrysta - Rough-cut Upari Amulet

All credit for that list goes to "Tianhou_Zhong" on the original KOTOR forums.

Thanks again, all; I'll put the mod up when it's done and when I'm satisfied with it for feedback.

OK, I looked at the programs that you told me and opened up the file I wanted [g_w_sabercrystal_19]. I know that I'm supposed to be able to change the properties, but all I see are empty boxes like "Property", "Param1", "CostTableID", and "Param2ValueID".

I don't know what I should be making my changes in, and I don't know what specific commands I need to put in; I doubt that KOTOR Tool is conversational English based, so something like "100 pts damage to person type = Dark Side" would work.

Like I warned you; I'm a n00b...

:x-wing:

As T7nowhere pointed out above, the crystals themselves do not contain the properties (hence why they are "empty" when you open them in KT). I like to think of the crystal as a key and the lightsaber as a lock. In order to "unlock" the properties in the room beyond the door, you must insert the key into the lock. The key itself is just a key, it's combining the key with the right lock that actually produces an event.

The crystal, by itself, is just an idea. It doesn't really exist. The properties that the crystal "has" are kept in the lightsaber (open up a lightsaber in KT to see what I mean). Installing a crystal in a lightsaber simply unlocks the lightsaber properties that lay dormant until an upgrade is activated.

In other words, if you want to add a new saber crystal with unique properties, you need to make changes to the "lock" and then make a "key" that will work with the lock.

The allegory was very helpful. Thanks!

So I need to edit the properties for all the lightsabers in KOTOR tool. I have the list printed out at home with the tags, so I can try that either tonight or Thursday. I may actually just try modding 1 crystal slightly first - maybe amping up the damage to Dark Side penalty first - then trying to do the fancy new toy later. That shouldn't be as difficult as the "major" project of building a new crystal. I know it's not a "major" project, but when you're new, everything's major, you know? :)

Just for my sake, am I taking on an overly difficult project, or is this just typical newbie pains? I've never modded anything before, so I'm trying to flap my wings hard enough to avoid being splatted on the ground.

Originally posted by CTOAN

The allegory was very helpful. Thanks!

So I need to edit the properties for all the lightsabers in KOTOR tool. I have the list printed out at home with the tags, so I can try that either tonight or Thursday. I may actually just try modding 1 crystal slightly first - maybe amping up the damage to Dark Side penalty first - then trying to do the fancy new toy later. That shouldn't be as difficult as the "major" project of building a new crystal. I know it's not a "major" project, but when you're new, everything's major, you know? :)

Just for my sake, am I taking on an overly difficult project, or is this just typical newbie pains? I've never modded anything before, so I'm trying to flap my wings hard enough to avoid being splatted on the ground.

If you want all of the lightsabers to have the new effects then you will have to edit all of them (don't forget the special sabers found in the Yavin Station module). Adding new properties to a saber isn't that hard. Neither is adding upgrade properties to an existing crystal. Creating a new set of upgrade properties that are activated by a new crystal can be quite a pain in the butt. Feel free to poke around my Enhanced Lightsabers mod for an idea of what's in store. You should be able to reverse engineer it fairly easily.

I hope that helps.

OK.

I decided to start my project by shelving it and working on a smaller one. I'd always thought that the Sith Mask was underpowered, so I wanted to make some tweaks.

I downloaded the GFF editor that someone pointed out and opened the item's UTI [i think it was a UTI, I don't remember now], and I got a list of stuff that looks like this:

PropertiesList

+0

+1

+2

+3

under each of those numbered properties [which correspond to the four properties in KOTORTool, so I know I'm on track], I see:

ChanceAppear [bYTE]

CostTable [bYTE]

CostValue [WORD]

param1 [bYTE]

param1Value [bYTE]

propertyName [WORD]

Subtype [WORD]

There are some random number strings after the [WORD] / [bYTE] designations, but how do I know which values equal the properties that I want? For example, which numeric string will change "Requirement: Heavy Armor Proficiency" to "Requirement: Light Armor Proficiency"?

Thanks

Archived