Home

(KotOR:II)Stratagy Discussion: Ranged Guardian/Weapon Master

Vandella

In many games I enjoy being the in the back heavy dmg dealer thorugh the might of magic or use of bows. In Kotor II I have played through a bit of it and love the idea of the new range weapon feats. Disgusted at the bugs in the game I traded Kotor II and reservered the PC version hoping that the bugs will get fixed. So to satisfy my time time untill then. I decided to get some general ideas and feed back for a Jedi Guardian/Weapon Master. First of all I'm trying to decide between the use of blasters or rifles, and I'm not going to be using a lightsaber at all. Any have some suggestions on feats and forcepowers?

what bugs have you so disgusted?

For your ranged only idea, all I can say is I wish you luck.

Ranged is pretty weak especially against Jedi, even with the precise shot abilities. And close combat Ranged is going to hurt, despite the close combat ranged feats.

Since weapons might still be random in the PC version, it's gonna be hard to actually get what you want:o.

But I would suggest these weapons:

Micro-Pulse Blaster(Energy 4-18, Fully Upgradeable)

Zabrak Heavy Blaster(Energy 5-14,Fully Upgradeable)

Freedon Nadd's Blaster(Energy 3-12, Dmg Bonus +2-20 darkside, Restricted to Sith Prestige classes only, Upgradeable(Scope))

Elite Watchman Blaster(Energy 2-14, Fully Upgradeable)

Charric(Rifle, Unstoppable 1-10, Fully Upgradeable)

As for Force Powers:

Force Deflection, Force Redireaction is a must. Gotta protect yourself somehow.

Force Wave to push back enemies if they get too close.

Master Speed to get in more shots.

Can you still redirect blasters when using a rifle? Thought you had to have a hand free.

But as for rifles, I have found none better than the Zersium Rifle.

Fully upgradeable and in the right hands, around 40-70 damage.

I have my doubts though, fighting anyone with a lightsaber is going to hurt real bad, and being a weaponmaster isn't going to help you land your force waves, stuns very well against highly resistant dark jedi types. Unless you devote alot of points to Wisdom.

Originally posted by Drazin

Can you still redirect blasters when using a rifle?

Yes. It looks odd though either way. Any blaster shots directed to you are shot with pinpoint accuracy right to you...the enemies don't miss. It's just that now you can block all of them. You don't dodge much, if at all.

I guess not having this feat, and only having high DEX is more realistic.

Originally posted by Drazin

what bugs have you so disgusted?

For your ranged only idea, all I can say is I wish you luck.

Ranged is pretty weak especially against Jedi, even with the precise shot abilities. And close combat Ranged is going to hurt, despite the close combat ranged feats.

Normally little bugs dont bother the ones that did were some of the lightside bugged powers such as Force Aura and Force Speed. I'm a lightersider I tried playing darkside for fun and well....... I found out I enjoy being a wascally dogooder better some thing about the evil acts and having yer own stripper played on my conscious. So of course with those powers being bugged I wasn't too happy.

Any way thanks all for the great info. From what I've read it sounds like I should keep a lightsaber for backup emergancies. I'll try using some of your ideas with the though of a backup lightsaber for those nasty sith. I have thoughts on using Dueling so that I can easily switch between ranged and lightsaber combat and Utilizing Jedi Defense, and Force Redirection. I'm probably going to go for a 15Str,15Dex alternate on them with my level up stats. I'm not going to go for very high int so that will be an 8. Constitution will be either 10 or a 12 and Will and Cha will defefinatly be both at 12.

Archived