Home

rescue Aeron from mining colony

Kin

I tried that mission on the simulator (easy level) flying MF. I picked up "my sister", finished off all enemy fighters, one SD I, two VSD II. Next I knocked out shield generators on Executor and lowered its hull to 82. My question is:

Is it possible to destroy Executor in this mission (in simulation and game play also)?

My experience was not the theory. I didn't have extra ammo, or invurneriability. When shield generators have been destroyed then 6 T/Advanceds appeared. You can finish them off (and their missiles) using gun turret. A-Wings will also help you if you get imperials on your tail. The rest is firing your lasers at SSD for a very long time (few hours?) to lower its hull.

I've tried to do that with unlimited rockets.

It took me 40 mins and Executor was destroyed and Lord Vader too (I hope wink.gif)

Guest garyah99

Actually, I've tried to do that very thing during the game on several occassions. It's easy to take out all the fighters and the VSD's and ISD's. As soon as I take out the shield generators on the Executor, I get OVERWHELMED by T/A's. I mean dozens!! Even in the Otana, they just swarm you with missile after missile. I don't think it can be done without invulnerability turned on (I've never tried it this way).

Avoiding T/As is very simple. Idea is point of defence. Go forward, turn off lasers, switch shields to minimum or intermediate, jump to gun turret. You are flying fast enough to blast every missile on your tail.

A-Wing squadron will help you to finish off T/As and you are one to one with Executor.

You can't disable it (SYS are lowered to 33%), but it is possible to destroy it (i think) with your lasers (it may take probably few hours).

About points: extra points for destroying SSD, but decrease your rank because of very long mission time...

Archived