Home

My X-Wing Alliance Game Crashes!!!!!!HELP ME SOON

Guest JMC

I have a great problem with my x-wing alliance and also i think with my shadows of the empire game.It didnt happen before but i dont know what the heck has happened to my PC that it now happens everytime.The problem is that when i load up a mission or play a skirmish i could play well lets say 30 seconds or less and then the game just freezes and i have to reboot.Ive tried defragmenting disk and checking windows and everything but i dont know if it is the Direct X or whatsoever.So if you can help me please answer me and ill be very grateful.

For aditional information my system setting is:

Celeron 366 MHZ

Ram:64 Megabytes

Sound Card:Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer

Video Card biggrin.gifIamond Viper 770 Ultra

MotherBoard:Abit BF6

Operating System:Windows 98

DVD Rom:6x(24X CD)

Maybe try re-installing DirectX. (8 just came out - maybe try that.) Did you actually try to re-install Windows? That might help. Did you maybe change your video or sound card drivers?

------------------

Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."

- Bill Gates

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I had the same problem. Actually I still have but it doesn't matter.

I think that the core of the problem lies somewhere amongh your VIDEOCARD drivers or settings. I have Voodoo 3 2000 and when I set the software video support the game stucks and I must reboot. Perhaps this is similar with your problem. When I set acceleration everything goes nicely. Try to play wit drivers and setting there. Good Luck.

Rivers.

Mess around with your video card settings inside and outside of the game.

------------------

You were expecting a creative sig?

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Archived