Home

TNT2 / Dx issue

Guest plz_daim

Guest plz_daim

I've the following problem:

My 3d-card is a Nvidia TNT2 (32megs) and I'm running Dx 8.0a.

It just does not want to show his thing in 3D! I tried drivers from Nvidia AND several other manufacturers but that doesn't work as well.

Please, does anybody have a clue how I may solve this problem?

System:

PII 433

128 MB

Nvidia TNT2 32mb video

Thank you in advance, greetings,

plz_daim

Guest plz_daim

well, with some creative installation habits I managed... My experience with 3dfx isn't that good. They stopped making drivers and sold their techno to Nvidia!!

plz_daim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monadire

Im using a TNT2M64 32MB card and everything works fine. I am not using DX8 though.

Laters,

Monadire

Guest Mojo

Monadire, I would like to know what drives you are using because I have the same card but it's not working with this game (I've noticed some versions of the drivers from Nvidia have major problems)

I don't use DirectX v8.0 ethier

[This message has been edited by Mojo (edited May 15, 2001).]

Guest Ajim

I have tnt2-m64 16 MB PCI and The came crashes everytime im entering Hyperspace...Whats Wrong?Ive Tried updating...but Still doesnt work

450MHz AMD

256 RAM

tnt2-m64 16 MB PCI

C-Media 8738 Sound CArd

------------------

Ace Rulez

Guest Ajim

Looks Like ME serves Better With The tnt2 Driver It provided..My hangs Are finished. It is not very useful to use the driver provided by My manufacturer "Powercolour" and There isnt any...its a bluff..there is no update for ME in Sniper2 Riva TNT2 M64(as far as my search) that we can get from any manufacturer...And The detonator Drivers From Nvidia..peice of junk...because it is too general and not specified for model 64...This is not good..they seem to be very lazy at specifying the drivers...im very disappointed in Them frown.gif

------------------

Ace Rulez

Guest Stormy

DirectX 8 seems to be having a few problems with a few "older" games, games that weren't coded with DirectX 8 in mind. DirectX 8 has some really nifty features that next generation games will be using that some older games don't support. This could be the cause of a lot of peoples' problems with crashing, freezing, ect...

Guest Stormy

to add to my post

my system is nearly identical to yours, plz_daim. I'm using a system i built myself...

P2 450

128 megs of RAM

Diamond Viper TNT2

SBLive! sound

Ive found the latest Detinator drivers, which can be downloaded from the Nvidia website, work very well. If you bought your system from someone like dell, gateway, or compact (ugh) then use the tech support that you are paying for and call them up smile.gif

Guest Ajim

Original Direct X has LOTs of missing Files in ME..To SEttle it..find the missing Files Yourself and Put it in The C:\windows\system and also in The C:\program Files\DirectX\Setup...

I did it and When I run Dxinfo...no Porblems except for Dxinfo for XwingAlliance..It sez lots of outdated files...At least my windows isnt showing problems... smile.gif

------------------

Ace Rulez

Thats because your XWA has a file in it called dxdiag.exe when you are using the XWA autoplay and you hit hardware config and then directx it looks to the file in the XWA directory. That file is for directx 6 if you delete it and put a shortcut in the XWA directory for the new dxdiag under your program files dir it will show all the files as ok and ver8...

Archived