Home

3D Mode letters problem

Guest Redwing

Guest Redwing

When I use 3D mode for XWA, the words in the radio msgs etc (in the HUD) are all corrupted. A bunch of lines are missing.

rough examples:

A = -\

D= )

L= _

Those aren't exact examples but that's the general idea. This only seems to happen in 3D mode.

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Guest Redwing

huh? I have an ATI Rage Pro if that's what your talking about... confused.gif

------------------

Guest Expert Rookie

I have an ATI Rage Pro on my other eMachines comp... it sucks... it refuses to run Rogue Squadron 3D and X-wing Alliance won't even close to work properly... you need a new driver.

------------------

"It's not wise to upset a rookie." Expert Rookie's X-wing Alliance Heaven

Guest Redwing

Huh? I have ATI and everything runs fine! Does anybody know how to solve the letters problem?

------------------

Guest Ajim

im using Sniper2 Riva Tnt2-m64 and found out the best driver is given with Windows and NOT from Any where especially nVidia...I Experienced a LOT of Choppy Text with the game untill I installed the recomended driver from Windows BTW mine's ME. The original Driver given to me doesnt work properly. With the game of course...Of course Your OS will detect 2 compatible version (thats what mine did) but U have to decide Which is much better. Its up 2 U. Hope This Helps. wink.gif

Guest Fondas

Redwing What's your OS ? I remeber having the same problems but were fixed with the proper driver. Maybe I can help.

Guest JSuire81

Redwing:

I had the exact same problem with my ATI Radeon. To fix it I had to bring up the display properties window (from the desktop) and hit "Advanced," then click on the "Direct 3D" tab, and check "Alternate Pixel Center." I'm not sure if any of those things are on an ATI Rage's properties menu, but if they are, you might give that a try. Good luck!

John Suire

Guest Redwing

OS? What's that?

Suire, no there's no such optio with the ATI Rage. frown.gif

------------------

Archived