Home

wtf is wrong with Magnum 1?

Guest Marril

Guest Marril

It's that warheads for the Rebellion mission (forget which number). Anywho, it seems that Magnum 1 always seems to go to a point near the Bulk Cruiser and when I look at the HUD, it says it's docking with Magnum 1, 0:01. wtf is with this? It's happened 3 times in a row, and the Bulk Cruiser always fries it. Anyone know what's wrong with it? I have the 2.02 patch, and nothing else added on (i.e. no foreign OPTs or missions), and I haven't hacked into the game at all (I'm not that stupid).

------------------

"You can present the material, but you can't make me care."

"It's psychosomatic, you need a Lobotamy. I'll get a saw."

"Actually, I just like to SAY smock. Smock, smock, smock..."

--You can tell I like Calvin and Hobbes...

Not popular with girls because of its attitude. Can often be heard muttering to itself in a low voice.

-TR Drowzee Pokédex info, or a very good description of me

"DDDDDDIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!"

--me, kamakaze-ing a VSDII

Guest Marril

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

hmmm, i think you need to diable the Bulk Freighter

btw, you sig is waaaaaaaay to long

I assume "diable" means disable, and how do I do that? It's a YT-1300 you fly in that mission, w/torpedoes and/or missiles.

As for the sig issue... yes, I know it's too long. [i assume that] Rogue Nine was being sarcastic in the XWA Forum...

Guest garyah99

To begin with, I believe this is the mission with the Black Sun fighters. They are really the only hazard to your freighters. Shoot at them. You can also scan the cap ship for bonus points. The second point, the one that is REALLY important to remember, is <font size=3> DON'T TICK OFF ROGUE 9</font>, or any other Sith or Sith Lord, for that matter. They are the mods and admins around here, and if you continue to argue with, or degrade them, your butt will be canned faster than you can say 'X-Wing Alliance". 'Nuff said?

------------------

"I get by with a little help from my friends...."

Personally I've never had a problem with the mission (apart from those kamakazie Black Sun fighters...those guys are always trying to ram me frown.gif).

Don't quote me on this as it's been a while since I've played this mission, but don't take to long in scanning the containers. If the Magnums arrive late, then the Bulk Cruiser might have more time to get into a good firing position.

You could try to distract the Cruiser, but don't forget about those fighters.

------------------

'The Universe is an evil thing, but at least it has a sense of humour...'

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions

The Fanfiction Archives

New British Empire

Now my memory is coming back...you need to ID the containers as quickly as possible, that way the transports have enuf time to Board and capture

The SUpas are not to hard to take out, all you need to do is get the ones going after the Transprorts and after they are finsihed you can go after the leftovers, the longer the B/CRS is around, the more damage it will do

Guest RDean

Well I'll tell you what worked for me. That capship keeps launching fighters as long as you let it hang around. I used autofire and flew around it while my turrets wittled it down. Meanwhile, the black sun fighters kept following me around and left my freighters alone. I dumped all my laser power to engines to help me evade all the stuff chasing me while my turrets kept chipping away at the cap ship. Cap ship went down and then it was just a matter of outflying a couple of supa fighters. smile.gif

Guest Marril

Well, I finally beat the d@mn mission! The Bulk Cruiser arrived before I finished inspecting the containers, and I used autofire to blow the d@mn thing up. A little cleanup of the Supa Fighters, then all I had to do was finish the mission at my leisure. Jeez, I was down to 2% hull when I finished off the cruiser! (according to the map, I was)

PS, I changed my sig! Jeez!

Edit: and it seems that Cobra squadron is pure kamikaze! One rammed stright into me from the side! And I thought the t/e4's (is that the correct #?) were the only kamikaze fighters in the game...

------------------

Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.

--Tyais

[This message has been edited by Marril (edited May 23, 2000).]

Guest Kokeeno IOS

I've noticed that almost every Novice AI pilot prefers kamikaze style (but Supa Fighter have also good shields).

Have you tried to kill BC using padlock and flying around?

Guest Marril

What's padlock? All I know is, I hit the F key and autofired it at the BC (as to why you can't fly the Otana in this mission is beyone me...)

Guest Kokeeno IOS

Padlock could be used by pressing joystick 4th button (standard setting) - it's very useful (also in any others simulations, ie. Falcon 4.0).

Simple: target large vessel, press padlock button and fly around your enemy, you can stick quite close (0.3 - 0.5), don't forget to turn auto fire on! (but don't use it when you have enemy fighters on your six)

------------------

SOS 6

Archived