Home

Bastila in TSL??

rich8722

I am wondering if it is possible to somehow switch the files from Kotor I, or something to make Bastila completely playable as she was in Kotor I. Seeing as how she is in TSL, some files are already there. But when I change the skins with KSE, some robes turn different colors, and sometimes screen goes blank.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

It's illigal to port over, but nuthing stopping you from "copying" the dlg file word for word over to a new dlg file and use that dlg file on the bastila in TSL. Then you could like spawn a bastila at a location with a script that has her join you. and wala there ya go.

but one of your existing characters would have to go.

Originally posted by rich8722

something to make Bastila completely playable as she was in Kotor I. Seeing as how she is in TSL, some files are already there. But when I change the skins with KSE, some robes turn different colors, and sometimes screen goes blank.

You would need to update her row in appearance.2da, this contains references to nonexistent models in some places (like the underwear model), and lacks assigned models for some body variations. That should take care of the crashes and other such problems.

To make her "fully playable" I assume you mean as a party member. You'd have to replace one of the existing party members, and then write new dialog for her that would fit within the story of TSL. But unless you hire Jennifer Hale to do voiceovers she'd essentially be mute, which would seem a bit odd when everyone else has a voice when they talk. :)

Originally posted by randydg

It's illigal to port over, but nuthing stopping you from "copying" the dlg file word for word over to a new dlg file and use that dlg file on the bastila in TSL.

And that would make it any less illegal? The text is as much the intellectual property of LucasArts as the file it is contained in. :)

(Besides, re-using the KotOR dialog in TSL would make no sense at all story-wise.)

And that would make it any less illegal? The text is as much the intellectual property of LucasArts as the file it is contained in.

Not word for word. i mean to get a feel for what she would say and to see the dlg file for an example. and as far as the model she is already in TSL and works fine.

Basitla is in TSL if I remember correct.

Shes in a Sith holocron on Korriban if you are Dark Side.

And hanging out with Carth in Telos if you are Light Side.

Id say just make her an NPC.

Yea, its too bad you cant use the voice files.

Edit the dlg files from the previous NPC, and making it text only isnt as glamorus, and its a lot of work, just have your girlfriend do the voice overs.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am really not worry about the voice overs, just the problems with the textures. Yeah, just get any female to do them over, if need be, but all I was worry about was the textures.

Yeah, i was thinking about the appearance.2da file, I would have to change the file extensions and throw them in Override. But why illegal, I mean, I am not making this mod for anyone else, just personal use. :D

A better way to put it would be: Its "Illegal" to discuss porting content from Kotor 1 to TSL on this particular forum. No one is going to stop you from doing it for your own personal use, but it would not be recomended that you try distributing such a mod.

If you wait just a little longer, you will get what you are asking for!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148385

First post on my [W.I.P.] Pages!!! I am almost complete. Since I had finals this past few weeks, I could not get the mod done in time. However, I just finished up finals, and I will be uploading her Saturday night!

Pic is included on the page!

Archived