Home

conveyor belt problem

cloot

After I got Meche on the beach, I get underwater on the conveyor belt, and I'm unable to get off; Many just won't look at the belt's edge so that I could press 'use'; instead, when I move forward (or towards the side), he gets swept off his feet.

However, when I was at the conveyor belt before bringing Meche to the beach, getting off and on the belt went fine, so don't know why it got bugged now even though I'm trying to do it in the same way.

Yes, I have installed the latest patch.

Please help.

from the sticky post in this forum (i have no idea if this will help)

-> If the conveyor belt is still too fast, then your processor is too fast. The solution? Download the trial version of CPU Killer, and register if you like it. This little utility will slow down your processor so that Grim should run smoothly, although with the trial version you only get 20 minutes slow-run-time.

I played through Grim again the other day and I had the same problem, despite the patch being installed. I was stuck there for about 10-15 mins before he just seemed to break free of it and jump off. I think it's just a matter of standing in the right place and pressing action at the right time. You'll get there eventually.

Get CPU killer though, the speed of your comp is prob the cause of the problem. I'm running on a 2.66GHz.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the tips guys, I'll try 'em out; however I guess it might not be the fault of CPU frequency 'cos I didn't have any problems getting off the belt first time I was there (i.e. before bringing Meche to the beach). I'll check it when I get my paws on my computer (at present I'm away from the city where my stuff is). Thanks again.

Archived