Home

Savegame editing for Xbox is a little easier

tk102

Will things like editing your inventory, Force Powers,Feats,Apperance and Name be possible with this update? Because my XBox would always say that the file was corrupt if I tried to edit one of those. Oh by the way I use an Action Replay to move my save from my pc to my xbox.

:( No Lettuce, I'm sorry. You might be able to swap one Force Power for another and get away with it though.

I've never gotten a definitive list of things you can and cannot do with KSE for the Xbox. I don't have an Xbox. I know for instance you can change your name if you use the same number of characters as the original name (and I think spaces are legitimate characters for padding). Mostly the problem is when you try to add or subtract things rather than change existing things. But if you have the time and willingness, please feel free to post what works for you and what doesn't work. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Will things like editing your inventory, Force Powers,Feats,Apperance and Name be possible with this update? Because my XBox would always say that the file was corrupt if I tried to edit one of those. Oh by the way I use an Action Replay to move my save from my pc to my xbox.

I was about to ask the same exact thing. I have my TSL game disk installed to the hard drive so I could create an override folder and use mods in my game. So far all I have used is the workbench mod, which is pretty simple to install.

Now I want to use a mod that adds hoods to the Jedi and Sith robes in the game. Trouble with that is... the custom items never turn up in the game and since I'm using an Xbox I can't (to my knowledge) use the "Give Item" command. So I figured I could just add the hoods into my inventory by using the KotOR Save Editor. So far... no dice. I guess I will try one more time. I'll see if I can remove an item from my inventory and add in one of the hoods, instead of just trying to add the hood.

- I'll let you know how it goes.

_______________EDIT.

Bah! It still doesn't want to work. I'm at the very beginning of the game (I screwed up my original saves... heh.) So I only have a few chemicals and 4 medpacks. Now I figure the game only counts the medpack as one inventory item and then just tacks a number behind that one item to determine how many uses it gets. So I switched out the medpacks for one hood, and then I upped the inventory count of that hood to four. So I just went and loaded up the game, and it still counts my save as corrupt. I'm beginning to think I just might have to go without custom items. :(

_______________EDIT#2.

Hmm, after some looking around I have found out that custom models made for the PC versions of the KotOR games will not work on the Xbox. So it may be more the models I was trying to use then the actual save editor.

• 1 month later...
:( No Lettuce, I'm sorry. You might be able to swap one Force Power for another and get away with it though.

I've never gotten a definitive list of things you can and cannot do with KSE for the Xbox. I don't have an Xbox. I know for instance you can change your name if you use the same number of characters as the original name (and I think spaces are legitimate characters for padding). Mostly the problem is when you try to add or subtract things rather than change existing things. But if you have the time and willingness, please feel free to post what works for you and what doesn't work. :)

the problem is the sig file. KSE will modify the sig files if you've transferred them to the pc via memory card, except one "BLEEPING" sigfile, the savegame_header.sig if i recall correctly. without editing that sig file, every time i've tried using kse on an xbox save it has corrupted it. :chop1:

Archived