Home

Saber Offense?

ZeroX2

The Strategic Academy site states that Saber Offense only affects the single saber styles you can use, and the chance you have to break a saber lock (http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/force.shtml#lsaberenhance). However, it seems it also increases the saber's ability to break through the opponent's blocks (which is, of course, very important). I've tried myself, and I think I can notice a slight difference (or I could just be seeing things) - so, can anybody confirm/deny if Saber Offense also boosts this?

Edit: That site also states that Mind Trick at level 3 affects all enemies on the map - however, it seems to only work on enemies nearby. =/

In JA the mindtrick level 3 is seriously nerfed, wheras in JO it would affect all those in the map that didn't have force seeing on. I'm not sure how it does, but saber offense repeatedly makes a difference (not just saber style for single saber) in the ja mp saber code, i just have to figure out what the differences are.

This is the extent of my knowledge. I'm always open to correction/addition if people have more info. As far as I've been able to determine (I'm no coder mind you) this is all the Saber Offense really does. If it does more that would certainly make it more useful...

As of now it seems that the game is somewhat skewed unfairly in the direction of Staff/Dualsaber users who can free up more force points.

As far as I've been able to determine (I'm no coder mind you) this is all the Saber Offense really does. If it does more that would certainly make it more useful...

Well, I'm sure I can see some difference in the number of times my saber gets blocked at a lower level of Saber Offense than at a higher level. Higher levels seem to allow the saber to push straight through an opponent's saber more often. Perhaps you could try taking another look?

I'm always open to correction/addition if people have more info.

Could you fix the Mind Trick information, then? Even at level three, it does not make the user invisible to everybody on the map. It apparently has a range to it.

Thanks.

Ok you guys are right about Mind Trick. I may also be wrong about the "mana eating" ability, as it seems to just freeze your mana like other toggleable powers (at least at Level 3).

I think I got lazy there and forgot to test it after JK2, since it's a power I didn't use very much online. You can also see I still haven't listed the mana usage values for Level 1 and 2 (also for Team Heal Levels 1-3 and Absorb Level 2). I really need to get this one filled in! :p

As to the offense I wish I did have time to test it but I probably won't have any time to play until maybe next weekend. So any testing you guys could do would really help me.

Be sure you have the same level of Defense while testing, because I KNOW defense affects you, the question is whether Offense does as well in MP.

Archived