Home

Install error solved (SETUP.DLL and _ISRES.DLL ...)

chan

whenever I install, It's failed due to following reasons.

"Setup requires _SETUP.DLL and _ISRES.DLL (located in _SETUP.LIB) in order to operate properly. Please ensure these files are located with SETUP.EXE."

I finally found the solution!

Solution

---------

This issue has been reported to Lotus Quality Engineering. The workaround is to map the directory path where the installation program is found to a root drive letter.

---------

so, move all files and directorys to root directory!

And ,try again ! Done.

Enjoy G.F. ;))

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was having the same error message, and what happened was I had reinstalled Windows and my drive names had gotten changed around a bit. I moved my GF installation folder to where it used to be, but now it tells me to insert Disk A, which is already inserted. And I get the same error as before when I try to install it again. How do you fix this?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I have the same install problem with the "missing" SETUP.DLL file. So I copied the \INSTALL directories of both CDs to my harddrive, used the SUBST command to create a new Z: drive pointing to this folder. Setup now run up to the point where I am requested to insert the 2nd CD. But even if I do so, I am asked again and again and again... Somehow the setup does not recongnize that the CD2 is already in my drive.

What can I do? I have Windows XP SP2, all requirements are fulfilled according to the check program.

(And before anyone says so: Yes, I used the compatibility modus. Yes, these are original CDs. No, they are not scratched.)

I mean, I like adventure games - but not when the adventure already begins with installation.

Markus

• 1 year later...

Archived