Home

2 bugs

lukeskywalker1

Ok, I downloaded OPJ Basic. Its pretty cool, so far.

Heres are problems:

When I create a SIEGE server, and try to play directly (so its not a dedicated server) my game crashes when I try to switch teams. The only way I get around this is to start a dedicated server and join in a new JKA window.

This is my error:

----------------------
75714 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file jampgame.
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: OJP Basic v0.0.7b7
gamedate: Mar  5 2005
Gametype changed, clearing session data.
glGetError() = 0x500
Loading dll file ui.
ERROR: ui/ingameforceselect.menu, line 15: unknown menu keyword descTextStyle
ERROR: ui/ingameforceselect.menu, line 15: unknown menu keyword 2
Loading dll file cgame.
recursive error after: MAX_CVARS

Also, the 2nd problem is with the bots in HOTH:

After they go through the door with the ATST they just jump out and leave it there. They never return to it. In the case that its destroyed, it respawns in front of some crates. Since it can't walk over the crates the Bot just jumps out and procedes on foot. This doesn't help much considering they have a lot of trouble destroying the sheild generator without the ATST. I mean, they shoot blasters at it, but they are deflected, so at least they know to attack it, but they just don't seem to be able to get the ATST over there.

Thanks

-luke

1. The "recursive error after: MAX_CVARS" error is due to there being too many cvars in your .cfg files. This limit also counts the .cfg files that you're not currently using. Just delete these files and move them into a different directory.

You might also try changing the file extension to .ini or something. (But I've never tried it).

2. Yeah, the bots suck on that section of Hoth. Unfortunately, it's going to take a lot of effort to make it so they can drive the ATST over to the shield generator and then blow it up.

I did spend some time looking into just having the bots use ewebs to destroy it, but I just haven't gotten it to work yet.

Archived