Home

If you want to start a XWA group....

K_Kinnison

Sure thing we are alwlays accpeting qualified pilots. You can join 3 ways. Contact Me, NRES_Gremlin or one of my advisorrs NRES_Photon on the zone

Check out the NRES site and fill out the recruitment form in the acadmey/recruitment section.

Or e-mail me @ nresgremlin@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by K_Kinnison (edited October 13, 2000).]

Originally posted by Cmdr_DFMD:

I fed up with all these groups that only ever use Interceptors (As, Xs, TI etc)

Whats wrong with the B-Wing or Skipray ?

This is why I want to set up Nova Squadron, because I want a group that once trained won't be afraid to use Gunboats, B-Wings, Y-Wings even !

GOD DAMNIT - whys the best stuff in life gotta be so difficult !

Well there is a problem with B/Y/Gun. B/Y/Gun one ship type melees are boring. Ion ships

are often outlawed in mixed ship melees because laser/ion ships are deadly in laggy games.

also Ion ship games are actually pretty boring, kinda like 2 WW2 tanks going head to head.

Also Ions give a significant advatage over non-ion craft, for exaple a Gunboat can get a 2 to 1 Kill death ratio to an X-wing, even tho the Gunboat is slower, and less mauverable.

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

also Ion ship games are actually pretty boring, kinda like 2 WW2 tanks going head to head.

Also Ions give a significant advatage over non-ion craft, for exaple a Gunboat can get a 2 to 1 Kill death ratio to an X-wing, even tho the Gunboat is slower, and less mauverable.

Yes. But Guns are pretty manuverable(slightly more than X-Wings). Arming them with

torps will turn a boring into an intresting fight.

Yes. But Guns are pretty manuverable(slightly more than X-Wings). Arming them with

torps will turn a boring into an intresting fight.

um, maybe you shoudl try flying XWA online via internet withe missiles, you find taht the lag you get when missles are fired makes the game almsot unplayable.

Also, the AI will not fire Torpedoes at Fighters.

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

um, maybe you shoudl try flying XWA online via internet withe missiles, you find taht the lag you get when missles are fired makes the game almsot unplayable.

Also, the AI will not fire Torpedoes at Fighters.

Hmm I never had much lag in Guns with Toprs Melee in either XvT or XWA. We use missiles

in squad internal fights and I never encounterd lag that made the game unplayable.

You clearly haven't spent much time playing the game online [zone], its almost impossible to use warheads if both people aren't on a ISDN or better

[This message has been edited by Photon (edited October 20, 2000).]

Archived