Home

Too many info changes

GangsterAngel

ah, well, my guess is that you need to have a client-only cvar that acts as a buffer between the "real" cvar and your menu slider. And then when you press the "deposit" button, the code then updates the "real" cvar based on the current value in your client-only cvar.

Yeah, doing what razorace proposed is your best choice :)

Each time a USERINFO cvar is being updated, an updated userinfo string is being sent from client to server. If that happens too frequently within a certain timeframe the server just refuses some of the userinfo updates and gives that error message.

It's also noticable in basejka (Siege). If you change class quickly a couple of times in a row you'll get that error as well.

new problem now lads, the "REAL" and "FAKE" cvar dosent update before the Deposit is done.

for example , i goto deposit 900 .

it sets JKG_Deposit , to JKG_TempDeposit ( 900 )

then deposits JKG_Deposit , but it dosent update quick enough and thinks its 0 .

then if i goto deposit 1200 after trying 900 , it will deposit 900 . cuz it hasent updated quick enough...

UI_Script

else if (Q_stricmp(name, "JKG_UpdateCvars") == 0) 
	{
		char	TempString[512];

trap_Cvar_VariableStringBuffer( "JKG_TempDeposit", TempString, sizeof(TempString) );

trap_Cvar_Set ( "JKG_Deposit", TempString /*trap_Cvar_VariableValue("JKG_TempDeposit")*/ );

}

else if (Q_stricmp(name, "JKG_UpdateTempCvars") == 0) 
	{
					char	TempString[512];

trap_Cvar_VariableStringBuffer( "JKG_Deposit", TempString, sizeof(TempString) );

trap_Cvar_Set ( "JKG_TempDeposit", TempString /*trap_Cvar_VariableValue("JKG_Deposit") */);

}

Menu:

//===================================================//
//============     BANK MENU     ====================//
//===================================================//
menuDef  
{
	name					"ingame_bank"
	visible					0
	fullscreen				0
	outOfBoundsClick							// this closes the window if it gets a click out of the rectangle
	rect					10 100 180 180
	focusColor				1 1 1 1
	style					1
	border					1
	onESC
	{

close			all
	}
	onClose
	{

}

onOpen
	{
UiScript "JKG_UpdateTempCvars"
show deposit_bar
	}

Deposit button ( menu )

itemDef 
	{
		name				dpstbutton
		group				none
		rect				20 80 160 20
		type				ITEM_TYPE_BUTTON
		text				Deposit
		textalign			ITEM_ALIGN_LEFT		
		textalignx			4
		textaligny			12    
		font				4
		textscale			1
		forecolor			1 .682 0 1
		visible			1
		ownerdraw			UI_CHAT_TACTICAL
		action
		{
		uiScript "JKG_UpdateCvars"
		exec "JKG_DepositCash Deposit"
		close all
		}
	}

.. so it is setup right.

any ideas?

funny thing with this warning is it doesnt exist in q3, jamp, or in the quake 3 full-engine sdk. (looking in the hex edit or in notepad)

hmmm, I think it's a JKA only sort of issue that was added to prevent people from lagging the server by spamming changes. I could have sworn that the actual warning/check is in the .dll code.

i dont THINK i can edit a clientside CVAR directly via .integer , and if you can, i have no idea how.

ive gone with the 1 seccond wait for now. and it works fine for me... on all menus..

the "JKG_Deposit" is used for more than the bank menu, EG, Passwording homes. and its all working good. just a seccond delay now thats all.

thanx for the idea Ace.

Archived