Home

graphical problem

fugori

Hey there, after hearing so much about this title over the years I finally picked it up, but I'm having an annoying graphical problem that I'm going to have to resolve before I go any further than the very first game screen.

For some reason, a horizontal bar of static flakes appeared right after the opening cut scene. It takes up about 66% of my screen vertically, with no graphical problems above and below it. I'd show a screenshot, but the one I took doesn't show the problem at all!

System

AMD Athlon 2000+

392,672 kb RAM

RADEON x800 256mb

Direct x 9.0c

I turned the color depth down to 16 bit but no dice. I'm no whiz at these matters so I would appreciate a bit of help. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your problem. There are several things I can think of, but I don't know whether they'll help:

Have you tried it in both hardware and software 3D modes?

Maybe you could try downloading your graphics card drivers from Windows Update. They might not be very up to date, but they'd be Signed.

BTW, if you haven't already, I suggest installing the patch. I'm not sure this will address any graphical problems, but with the speed of your PC you may run into problems later on without it.

Thanks a bunch, it's working like a dream, and so far I can't get enough of this game.

I feel like such a rube! I automatically assumed that it was going to be some complicated problem (probably because of all the trouble I'm having getting Final Fantasy 7 PC to run correctly) when all I had to do was turn hardware 3D acceleration on in the options menu. ARGH!

Anyhow, sometimes the simplest of solutions elude us, so thank you all very much for your responses.

Archived