Home

Lightsabre Forms?

GuitarNProgress

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I recently (as in the past week) purchased KotOR 2 and there's something that's been bothering me about the game. I'm to the part on Dxun where you are attempting to impress Mandalore and the different Lightsabre techniques just has me stumped.

Let's take the Ataru form as example. Whenever the Jedi on Nar Shadda (sp?) showed me it, it was rather finesse and flashy. However, whenever I activate it in the game, my character just stands there and will not attack. Can someone shed some light on this? I've looked here and on GameFAQs and NOONE has a definitive answer on it.

Thanks in advance.

IMAGE MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IN THE RESPONSE BOX!!!

ScreenShots000001.jpg

^^IE Window was 'Not Responding' so..before I closed it (from the Task Window) I took a screenshot (courtesy of 'Grabber2k') ... so I wouldn't have to type that whole thing out...AGAIN.

-----------------------------------------------

WELCOME TO LUCASFORUMS! ! !!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

^^^^

Exactly. The devs created pretty anims for the cutscenes, however forms themselves only determine which bonuses are applied to your attack during regular combat. The reason that you don't see anything is because there is nothing to see. If you monitor the combat feedback during a fight, you should see various modifiers be applied to your attack and defend rolls, based on which form you have selected.

You could have just copied and pasted that Joshua. The laptop I am on has a wireless network, but I am all the way on the other side of my house from it. It took about 20 seconds for that pic to load, and I was really annoyed- I would only see part of it and then it would start loading the next line- kind of a climax :D.

Thanks, guys. I asked a friend about it and he said basically the same thing, I was just curious as to why they would show you a fancy looking attack then make you wonder if it's even active. You do bring up a good point, though, in looking at the rolls and the like. I'll check that out when I load the game up a little later tonight.

Maybe it's one of the things they were going to do but then decided against it later? I was half expecting to see actual stance changes, but I guess the fact that the bonuses are indeed there will suffice.

if you look in the Powers section of your character's Abilities screen ("k" on the keyboard or click the hand icon at the top right of the screen, then select Powers), the lightsaber forms are included in the list. Selecting each one will show you the advantages and disadvantages of each form...and most have both, thus are not appropriate for all situations. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with them. For example, Shien would be a much better choice than Makashi or Ataru if you're facing a room full of Sith troops with blasters.

You could have just copied and pasted that Joshua. The laptop I am on has a wireless network, but I am all the way on the other side of my house from it. It took about 20 seconds for that pic to load, and I was really annoyed- I would only see part of it and then it would start loading the next line- kind of a climax :D.

I couldn't copy and paste..because the window was frozen...

Archived