Home

CTF; Alter skin colour, clothes = Team colour?

Jade Kan DeLarb

1. I've noticed playing CTF on JA+++++ that there is one player who has been able to exert some control over his skin tone, making his clothes be the colour of the team, and his actual Skin colour something that he wants it to be. (i.e. when on team Blue, the player has light red skin tone with Blue clothes, rather than Navy Blue with normal/custom choice clothes.)

Can sum1 help me also do this, or is it tricky?

JKD

Can't speak for "JA+++++", but in basejka, the Twi-Lek character always has a matching skincolor to her team (though when she dies, she reverts back to her "normal" skin color (whatever the player had set previously).

Anyway, specifics would be nice, and screenshots would be best. ;)

OK - perpare to laugh - can you tell me how to get a screen shot? And yes, it was a fellow Twi'Lek player...

Tried the '/screenshot' command?

also - while I'm here - can someone tell me how to switch between JA and my computer so I can use things like ICQ or MSN while I'm playing? That is if such a thing is possible. Thx

Alt and Tab?

Thanks everyone. At the moment I can't get on JA++++++, which is where I saw the skin colour change thing done. I've written to Slider, and he's confirmed that I haven't been banned or anything - JA++++++ just doesn't show up properly in my Join A Game/Favourities or Join A Game/Internet lists. When I re-entered the address for JA+++, the address does show up (but only as numbers with no cyan JA+++ "logo") with 0/17 players and describing the game as FFA! I've done a PC reset back a few days just in case it was something I had done - but no. I can join other servers - like "OSF" or "Meatgrinder" - as per normal, but some of my other servers have also "vanished" from my Favourites in this way, replaced with just the IP numbers.

Anybody got any suggestions? Am desperate! (PS have written to activision and am awaiting reply. Slider thought it might be a Network problem - but what does this mean, and how come I can join other servers?)

<Forever In Debt To Your Priceless Advice.....>

I believe it's just JA+ (one plus sign), that's the name of Slider's mod.

If the name of the server disappears replaced with IP numbers in your favorites (even after a "refresh") that means that the server in question has gone down, or changed IP's and that's why it's not displayed as active.

With the JA+ server you're trying to join, be sure you typed it in correctly with the port number as well (if it's different than 29070).

Now if this is a specific problem to JA+ I can't help you, but I'm guessing it's just you goofed something up.

Well, it's really strange Kurgan! Today, I coudl get on. I don't know why. I was careful with the IP address, it was correct, and in fact that was proved by today, when with me doing nothing since the reset - which didn't solve the problem last night BTW - I could get on at last! While the problem persisted, i was checking the status tracker at http://www.japlus.net/tracker/status.php

and other players were on, andthe mapos were changing regularly - it was very frustrating! Also Slider didn't seem to think there was anything wrong at his end either. So I'm stumped. I'll see what Activision get back to me with.

Sorry about the superfluous "+"'s - for some reason I thought I'd seen it referred to as JA and a long line of "+" signs!

Here's that screenshot - I couldn't get the player to tell me how he did it. Does anybody know him/her? It *might* have been un/namedPeroxiD anybody know him/her?!?!?

Ok i don't know how to post the screen shot on the page. I'm sorry, I'm not that good with this stuff. Could someone please help me? I'm sorry to be so crxp at this.

EDIT - problem solved. Sent screenshot 2 Kurgan who ID'd it as ALORA from single player cast list - who of course, does not change the colour of her skin in CTF! Lol. More fool me. Don't have website, so can't post screenshots, oh well. Thanks all.

Archived