Home

Installing Grim Fandango on Windows XP x64

Dispater

ok, I know I'm probably all too optimistic for my own good, but how can I install Grim Fandango on Windows XP x64? The silly game is packed with a 16-bit installer and won't run on 64 at all. If anyone know any work-arounds or are willing to write a new installer (!) or some other trick?

If that won't work: could someone please get me the registry-keys needed to run the game, because I have it installed on my other harddrive and with the proper registry keys I could probably get it working.

Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...

You know of any other way to get it working besides installing 32 bit windows, as I really don't feel like looking for it.

And doesn't the Microsoft website say Win64 will recognize 16-bit Acme and Instalshield installers and automatically convert them to 32-bit?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to kick a rather old thread up to the top, but as far as I know x64 is still a major problem for Grim. I'm just here to ask a couple of questions about the whole registry settings trick that get things working- namely, which ones in particular do I need, and where do they go once I've got them?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've managed to get GRIM running fine under x64.

It involves manuallu copying all files off te cd-rom into a

"programs (x86)/LucasArts/GRIM" folder,

After that, you have to manually create a register keys file, and manually copy it into regedit.exe, into a directory for the game which, surprise-surpsrise, you must create manually.

if anyone wants to know exact instructions (too detailed here) or register key file, email me

ben_dziekan@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

Archived