Home

Can't fully invest in skills - Advise needed

Ras

Hello,

I have started playing as a scout. My question is regarding skills and leveling. I am trying to make good decisions and many playing guides recommending specializing on 2-3 skills. For example I am doing Computer Skill, Persuade, and Treat Injury. As a scout, I am able to max these out straight away, and have points left over unassigned to any skill. I figured I would save these when I level up to apply in greater amounts to the three skills I have chosen to exclusively invest in. Now I am finding that when I level up I still have several points leftover afterwards because I don’t have the option of putting more into these three skills.

Should I continue to save these (Will I ever be able to put multiple points into my three skills?), or should I invest in a fourth skill because I will never have the opportunity to use these 'extra' skill points on the three skills I am building now?

Thanks for your help!

Ras

Skills are capped at your current level +3. Therefore the highest number you can have (before modifiers) is 23 for KotOR and 53 for TSL. If you have maxed your class skills and still have points remaining, then you should look at investing in some of your cross-class skills.

depending on what game your playing, for TSL you want to get and bump up Repair. Your skill determins how meany componits you get back when you break items down, not the user of the table, same wth Treat Injury for the medical table..

Security is another for TSL (yes other char's can do it but it sucks to switch around everytime you want a door open, or chest without broken items)

for KotoR I you could do repair for fixing HK-47, but other then that its just for the amount of repair parts you use ....

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll invest my remaining skill points as it doesn't sound like I'll have the apportunity to all of a sudden put a bunch of points on one of my three current skills due to them being capped at each level. (this is for KotoR).

Ras

Archived