Home

Big story / greeting

Feathered_snake

Hello to everybody!

First of all, I'm new here, so forgive me if I started thread already had been started.

Then I'd like to warn that I'm not very good in English, so forgive me for mistakes.

And now let me say what I wanted to say :)

I was thinking of writing big story about Grim Fandango. Starting from Manny's life not far from his death and then... well you know what.

First of all I'd like to ask, were there any attempts to do this?

But the main problem is - should the story be based on GF plot strongly, or vary from it... Because I don't think it would be good to describe some Manny's actions like, I don't know, climbing up to Don Copal's office.

What would you say?

Welcome, it's always good to have new members.

As for the story, would it be a novel, just a long story?

Many have written fanfiction about Grim Fandango, and there are no rules to doing so. I'd try to remove (and add, in some cases) content from the game in the text.

There is a novelization of the game by an old forum member, MeddlingMonk, avalaible here.

Also, you can find many short stories and chapters, all GF related, at this place.. But, I don't think this is of much help to you.

Try to be original, and imaginative, is all I can say.

Good luck, mate.

Hi and welcome!

I'm interested in both writing and Grim Fandango, especially together. Keep us updated about possible future writing projects. And El Virus already gave a good piece of advice. Mine is this: if you write about the GF cast, try to keep them as in character as possible. If you haven't written much before, it may feel a little difficult at first (take it from me, I speak from experience ;)).

Also, I think I'll move this thread to Blue Casket which is a more suitable place to discuss fan work. :)

Archived