Home

Could Lucasarts Classic adventures ever possibly show up on Xbox 360 Live Arcade?

Nath5000

I was thinking about cool games that I could see people buying on xbox live arcade and one that came to mind was The Incredible Machines, but then I wondered how cool it wouldbe if lucasarts just re-released Day of the Tentacle or something on the Xbox Live arcade, but the game data is like more than 300MB isnt it for the voice file? What an awesome opportunity that would be. I see people on the 360 arcade playing every demo they can get on there just because theyre free. I seriously think that if a game like Day of The Tentacle got on there it would firstly spark new enthusiasm in not only a dead genre but games that have good humor,characters , and stories.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a cool idea and opportunity for lucasarts to remind people how cool they used to be while making a few bucks on some practically dead lisences.

how costly could it be to re-release a game in download format. and as far as the classics demand not being high, most people i know have downloaded and purchased the classic games on 360 arcade like robotron or smash tv and I never couldve guessed that those people wouldve done that. Either way,why does it have to be profitable for lucasarts? If they can make a tiny tiny profit why not just do it to boost the Lucasarts franchise (one which isnt currently known for anything spectacular or original at the current time)

Yeah, I don't think cost would be too much of an issue. And I'm sure it would attract some extra Lucasarts sales. But It seems like Lucasarts always had a hight cash prize in mind when they make new games, and to bring back old ones would require high incentive.

Not to say it wouldn't be totally awesome. I'd love to see LOOM again.

Archived