Home

Empire Mod

chr0n1x

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay for those who keep getting crashes, make sure you use swmod.exe to play the game, some others keep experiencing crashes and this has fixed it.

@Andy819

You do not need to change those, just use swmod.exe, see the 1st post in this thread.

then only delete the demo folder after you uninstall. You need to do this because the uninstaller won't delete your moded files for you.

Also i finaly got it working my self with the exe, everything was great - as soon as i attacked hoth in a space battle it crashed.

You only need the exe and put it in the "GameData" folder

Just had somthing weird happen to me had the death star defend a planet after the planet was blown up. The loading screen appeared but the button won't go into the game. It just sat in the loading screen the button would play its clicked animation and sound but then it would stay at the loading screen.

I've had a problem. It is when the revels invade they dont seem to have troops and it stalls then in game on a land battle so I cannot continue the game. Sometimes the rebels bomb and then they retreat but one game i sat for 10 mins the enemy had no troops and nothing would happen :(

Hey honvik, if you are talking about a ground battle, the enemy owns a small wall in the top entrance to your base, there was a turret there but your units killed it probably. Just take out the wall to win.

Kalasas the files are all in their right place?

<GameData>\

swmod.exe -Chriz Mod

<Data>\ - The rest from my mod.

<xml>

<Text>

<Scripts>

you cant use the death star evidently... i was able to hold off the unbelieveable rebel fire power long enough to save up 20,000 bucks to get it... i didnt know how to blow a planet, so i sent it in with 4 of the huge star destroyers, 6 mids , 2 smalls , 1 of the ones that blocks the torps and go to atack them... then the game crashed with this exeption thingy... so ya im a lil mad... all that pain staken work for nothing!!

i didnt have that option.. why do i have to have controll of the planet? i cant break threw the damn home guy to be able to capture a planet and hold it.. i get raided and crap too often to build anything up. is there a way to play as the rebs on this mod??

Sorry, I wasn't using the .exe from chris. I forgot about that.

Anyways, this mod is great! The AI needs a bit of tuning. Sometimes there are so many rebel transports left over after a battle that it gives my computer a heart attack. My machine, although not "top of the line" is no slouch either; it has a 3.2 GHz processor, 128MB video card, and 2 gigs of ram. The transports need to jump to hyperspace or something once you've crushed all the other rebel forces. The annoying thing is that sometimes there are so many transports that they shred your fighters after a while and you use up all your fighters and bombers and have to run away and come back only to find even more than when you left.

Oh, I also suggest mixing up the space and land maps a bit. The demo also includes a space and land map for Kashyyyk and a land map for Ryloth. There is another space sector in the demo somewhere, but I can't remember what it is for atm.

Sorry, I wasn't using the .exe from chris. I forgot about that.

Anyways, this mod is great! The AI needs a bit of tuning. Sometimes there are so many rebel transports left over after a battle that it gives my computer a heart attack. My machine, although not "top of the line" is no slouch either; it has a 3.2 GHz processor, 128MB video card, and 2 gigs of ram. The transports need to jump to hyperspace or something once you've crushed all the other rebel forces. The annoying thing is that sometimes there are so many transports that they shred your fighters after a while and you use up all your fighters and bombers and have to run away and come back only to find even more than when you left.

Oh, I also suggest mixing up the space and land maps a bit. The demo also includes a space and land map for Kashyyyk and a land map for Ryloth. There is another space sector in the demo somewhere, but I can't remember what it is for atm.

I found that if you can mix a few Tarten Cruisers (probably spelled that wrong) in with your fleet, they will chew through the transports in short order.

Archived