Home

the voices in the game keeps studdering

jizzojoe

I found this game in a box in my basement and decided to play it agian on my new comp with XP, got the update and the install went fine, but after talking to people in the game for a minute or more the voice begins to studder and wont stop even when im done talking to her/him., so while im walking around all i hear is the voice studdering over and over agian and no other sounds work the music turns of and when I examine other things all i get is text. I restarted the game over and over agian but tt keeps happening everytime I play, any way I can fix it?

this happened to me to. what I would do is save where i was (even if i was in mid studder), exit the game completely, then restart from my last saved game. I did this everytime the game started studdering, which normally happened everytime I made progress. I have no idea how to keep the game from studdering, but I suggest playing the game on windows 98 or lower. for me, i found the game so great I constantly looked past the constant restarts.

I'm having the same problem on my Windows XP platform. I downloaded and installed the patch, and ran the program on Windows 95, and tried Windows 98, compatibility mode, with no luck. It ran fine until I got to a "movie" sequence" and then it would start "stuttering." Runs fine if I hit the ESC button and back to game play, but I miss out on important dialogue. Fortunatly I beat the game the year it came out, so I can more or less remember how it goes. Unfortunatley it makes it difficult to enjoy replaying the game if it doesn't run properly, and if I enjoyed the game I like to replay it.

I'm thinking about partitioning the hard drive, but I know that can be risky if you don't back it up first.... and I don't have the resources to do it right now. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I am currently having the exactly same problem. Kinda disappointing since i just recently bought the game, i have tested to re-intall the sound card drivers (i got a in-built soundcard in my Mothercard 'or do you say Motherboard? Can't remember').

I've also tried to Install the patch - didn't change a thing, dragged the cd-s over to the Harddrive and played from it - didn't help.

I have just got outside the start room and were going to talk to the secretary, i really enjoyed the conversation - that is untill the stuttering started. Kinda sad actually, i think that i would had enjoy the game greatly if it wasent for the stuttering destroying it.

EDIT: Spelling errors.

EDIT2: Also, i forgot to mention this; when i go into the settings inside the game the sound stops working - no-sound at all.

I suffered from this for a long time, and I've never found a surefire remedy. Playing with the graphics settings in and out of game as well as messing around with the sound settings of your computer can both yield results, but there are no definite results.

I see it as pot luck, because usually when I uninstall, leave it about a month, then reinstall, the problem is gone.

Archived