Home

How to attack Invisible Buildings.

Cox_

I didnt know where to put this but its kinda important if you get stuck in a mission. I have been playing the Demo with some of the mods. I have found that sometimes you get invisible heros or buildings. Well The only way of killing those units are to use a Bombing run. I dont know if this is "known" now but i think it would help to post it.

:holosid::clone::holosid:

:newbie:

Bombing runs are not the only way. If you take your units "near" the building or units they will start to fire. It looks like they are firing at nothing, but they are actually attacking the building/unit.

It takes a while, longer then other buildings, but it does work. Thats how i've been destroying the imperial tank factories, as bombing runs didn't really work that well on those.

A nice tactic is to place your units near by, and if your using tanks build a repair station if a building pad is near the tank factory that way when the imps tanks spawn, you can easily have your tanks repaired.

The rebel artilery works very well against those invisible buildings as well, I bring them in and in a minute or so they are gone. Much shorter then without or with just bombing runs in my experince.

I have the same problem, but I figured that I could edit the spacestations file so they could only be built until number 3 (I also downgraded the unit requirements to be able to build Star Destroyers,etc). There are no textures for 4 and 5 stations, so thats why no one is getting anywhere. For some reason though, I have to go back to the files, because Hoth happened to have an invisible station.

On ground battles, those building are anoying to destroy and take a very, very long time and sometimes they can't be destroyed at all! (the spectral/ghostly buildings...) Also, have any of you guys been able to use imperial artillery? I'm not sure wether it has a model, but it does appear in my unit list.

I get invisible buildings that are impossible to destroy by all means. Thus I must retreat from a ground battle. The invisible space station is still there too, then I must quit since there is no retreat or save.

So I do not know which one mod does it randomly, but pretty much tried all of them. I think it is something to do with the AI building something on a planet or space, and for some reason it does not register?? I have no idea.

I think this is a major problem; I guess it is not too far off to wait the full game.

Archived