Home

Dangerous Saber Combat

Weiser_Cain

This isn't new, its been done before, and i also believe theres a few mods like this at PCgamemods. But personally I think it would suck. In order to enjoy the game you would have to make your dextarity extremly high so you don't get impaled every 10 seconds.

Unless your talking about making your own saber extremly powerful, then thats just not fair... :rolleyes:

I've made all my lightsabers have 32-50 energy damage. The reason being because they should be all the same and more powerful than melee weapons.

I've seen melee weapons more powerful by default than lightsabers. I think that's not right, so I made the lightsabers more of a standout. I don't upgrade my lightsabers because they are blades of pure energy and no lightsaber is more powerful than another in how much damage they can cause.

• 4 weeks later...
I've made all my lightsabers have 32-50 energy damage. The reason being because they should be all the same and more powerful than melee weapons.

I've seen melee weapons more powerful by default than lightsabers. I think that's not right, so I made the lightsabers more of a standout. I don't upgrade my lightsabers because they are blades of pure energy and no lightsaber is more powerful than another in how much damage they can cause.

My feelings exactly. Do any of your sabers posted on PC Game Mods have this kind of tweaking of the stats installed?

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could make a lightsaber 32-50 damage, make it the unstoppable energy type, make it 16-20 crit range and have it grant the Master Critical Strike Feat. On the same note you could have it do 200 base damage and have a +20 to hit. Just get Kotor Tool, open up the base item 2da. (Bifs-->2da.bif-->2DA Array-->baseitems.2da) and modify the lightsaber rows however you want. For example:

Damage Flags set to 16 (this is unstoppable)

Set numdice to 6 (Number of dice to roll)

set dietoroll to 8 (Type of die to roll. This gives you a range of 6-48, alter to what you like)

Set critthreat to 5 (or whatever number floats your boat this is the critical range of the weapon)

Set crithitmult to 4 (Multiply the damage by 4 on a critical hit)

And that seems to be what you can set from the baseitem.2da For other things you'd have to modify the utis of the sabers. (The item files.) And there's one of those for each color and type of saber (blue short, blue regular, blue double for example.)

At least this should all work. Let me know if that's a problem and if it is I'll look at it.

If you mean you want little bits to fly off the enemy (hands, legs, etc.) or for the saber model to pass through the enemy and you don't know how to do it... (I don't either.) I'm going to say it would be so ridiculously complicated you wouldn't want to do it or learn how to. Lord knows I don't. :)

What about changing the "hit" animation for the "parry" animation? In that way, there is no need of changing the sabers or characters numbers (damage or dexterity points remains the same), fights would last the same time they do presently but there are no slicing through characters, monster or objects, making lightsaber combat more real, like the fight between the Jedi and the Sith on the Endar Spire in Kotor 1.

In other words, you hit an opponent, they loose some hit points but it looks like they parryed the blow. What could be great is that when the final blow is about to be done, the animation turns back to the regular "slicing through" kind of thing so it looks that you actually kill the enemy. I know that some scripting skills are required for this and I'm not a scripter, is just an idea...

I would, too; that makes a great deal of sense. For now, I'd be happy to get a crystal with beefed-up stats to throw into a saber. I've got a Mac, so I haven't had the pleasure of messing with Kotor Tool or any of the other modding apps out there. I suspect that it's painfully easy to trick out saber stats, which is why nobody has posted such a mod here or at pcgamemods--everybody has done that already, right? Could someone take pity on a chump with no modding capability, and toss me a crystal?

Archived