Home

What's in your CD player?

Rogue Nine

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... that's not quite true anymore. The latest Crutchfield catalog has CD/ MP3 car stereos. Expensive enough to keep the riff-raff (like myself) away for a bit. I guess you have to burn yhe mP3 data files onto the CD and it can read and play them. You can get several hours of music onto a single disk this way. Kinda cool I guess.

Hmmm... that's not quite true anymore. The latest Crutchfield catalog has CD/ MP3 car stereos. Expensive enough to keep the riff-raff (like myself) away for a bit. I guess you have to burn yhe mP3 data files onto the CD and it can read and play them. You can get several hours of music onto a single disk this way. Kinda cool I guess.

i am having a most awful day.

not a SINGLE THREAD will load for me....

hrm, i must get the funds together to switch isps

anyhow, that post about mp3s in a car: you still have to put them on a CD tongue.gif

all those burned cds i listen to in my car are mp3s on a cd, but a CD is a CD.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited March 20, 2001).]

anyhow, that post about mp3s in a car: you still have to put them on a CD tongue.gif

I only have 3 mp3s: White Reflection from Endless Waltz, Hymn to Red October, and The Best is Yet to Come(the best musical piece I've ever heard) from Metal Gear Solid.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

I only have 3 mp3s: White Reflection from Endless Waltz, Hymn to Red October, and The Best is Yet to Come(the best musical piece I've ever heard) from Metal Gear Solid.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

I have 356 mp3s, the vast majority of which I actually own the CD they're ripped from. White Reflection and Hymm to Red October are part of my somewhat midsized collection. <a href="http://sobclan.obiwan-network.com/catalog.html">My catalog can be viewed here</a>

oh yeah and no amount of whining will get you anything off that list (except anything labeled "techno remix" because those i can LEGALLY distribute).

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited March 21, 2001).]

I have 356 mp3s, the vast majority of which I actually own the CD they're ripped from. White Reflection and Hymm to Red October are part of my somewhat midsized collection. <a href="http://sobclan.obiwan-network.com/catalog.html">My catalog can be viewed here</a>

oh yeah and no amount of whining will get you anything off that list (except anything labeled "techno remix" because those i can LEGALLY distribute).

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited March 21, 2001).]

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

No it's not an audio CD, it's a data CD. Trust me, I deal with this stuff for a living, I'm a recording engineer. This deck can read MP3s direct off the disk (CD-R or CD-RW), so you can get up to 10 hours of music on a disk. It's made by AIWA model #CDC-MP3. Lists for $350. I just noticed that there is a cheaper model for $170, not as many bells and whistles. I think it's pretty cool! smile.gifCheck out http://www.crutchfield.com/ for more info.

The format is still a little silver disk if that's what you're implying wink.gif

I for one can't wait until DVD-RW drives become cheap and plentiful. biggrin.gif HUNDREDS of hours of MP3s on a single disk!

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited March 21, 2001).]

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

No it's not an audio CD, it's a data CD. Trust me, I deal with this stuff for a living, I'm a recording engineer. This deck can read MP3s direct off the disk (CD-R or CD-RW), so you can get up to 10 hours of music on a disk. It's made by AIWA model #CDC-MP3. Lists for $350. I just noticed that there is a cheaper model for $170, not as many bells and whistles. I think it's pretty cool! smile.gifCheck out http://www.crutchfield.com/ for more info.

The format is still a little silver disk if that's what you're implying wink.gif

I for one can't wait until DVD-RW drives become cheap and plentiful. biggrin.gif HUNDREDS of hours of MP3s on a single disk!

Yes, it still is a little silver disk wink.gif

My brother's friend actually got a data CD of mp3s to play in a regular CD player once. I was blown away. It's the most interesting fluke i've ever seen. The guy's never been able to do it again and I haven't been able to get it to do it either. It's so weird.

Hmmm, a DVD's got what, 8 gigs on it? I only have 1.22 gigs of mp3s. I guess I still have some time before they make dvd burners....

Yes, it still is a little silver disk wink.gif

My brother's friend actually got a data CD of mp3s to play in a regular CD player once. I was blown away. It's the most interesting fluke i've ever seen. The guy's never been able to do it again and I haven't been able to get it to do it either. It's so weird.

Hmmm, a DVD's got what, 8 gigs on it? I only have 1.22 gigs of mp3s. I guess I still have some time before they make dvd burners....

Guest Rogue 9

Edlib have you seen the new Apex system, It reads DVD's , Audio CD's, VCD's and MP3's. it also displays a menu with all the MP3's on a CD or DVD on a TV Screen...

Guest Rogue 9

Edlib have you seen the new Apex system, It reads DVD's , Audio CD's, VCD's and MP3's. it also displays a menu with all the MP3's on a CD or DVD on a TV Screen...

No I can't say that I've seen that unit yet, sounds interesting tho...

I love all this new technology stuff, but it tends to make my life miserable since I have to work more to afford all these new toys wink.gif

I just heard a presentation of the new(ish) DVD-Audio format. Stunning! But you need all new hardware and a set of killer surround speakers to take full advantage of this new format. Plus, now do I really want to upgrade all my favorite albums to the new format (yet again!)? Let's see, I have a few certain albums on LP, cassette, CD, and now I want to get them on DVD? Man I'm so happy I am too young to have bought into 8-Track. No wonder people hate the record companies.

No I can't say that I've seen that unit yet, sounds interesting tho...

I love all this new technology stuff, but it tends to make my life miserable since I have to work more to afford all these new toys wink.gif

I just heard a presentation of the new(ish) DVD-Audio format. Stunning! But you need all new hardware and a set of killer surround speakers to take full advantage of this new format. Plus, now do I really want to upgrade all my favorite albums to the new format (yet again!)? Let's see, I have a few certain albums on LP, cassette, CD, and now I want to get them on DVD? Man I'm so happy I am too young to have bought into 8-Track. No wonder people hate the record companies.

Archived