Home

Subtitles Options??

bigbond007

Nope, you're correct, subtitles are only available during cinematics. Meaning during the game itself when someone is discussing what a mission task is, background of the mission, and/or important parts of the story line you're completely left in the blue without sound. I take it you're a deaf gamer like myself-- that would be the only reason for someone to post this question.

Yes, we deaf gamers are out there, hopefully one day manufacturers will start realizing that thousands of their games are not being bought because thousands of deaf gamers like us are tired of not being able to enjoy a game. That may not seem like much, but factor in how much it costs to translate the code into text-- practicially zilch. Now factor in the loss of sales (2,000 for the sake of argument [that's how many deaf students are here at Gallaudet University, the only deaf liberal arts college in the country], multiply that by 45 bucks per game--$9 grand in possible sales lost.)

You don't even have to be deaf to need subtitles. If you aren't from an English speaking country, you could have problems. Like i used to have years ago, i could write English well but having to play a game without subtitles was kinda hard.

You can change the audio language of the game though and the menu language... all of the versions are multi-lingual or at least should be in the dominant language of the country you're in, unless you decided to buy a foreign version for some reason...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived