Home

Cheap and Efficient tactics!

I don't know if anyone else figured out this tactic on a mod but I've found this to be quite effective when attacking a space station:

If you've got like 4 acclamators *or any other fighter spawning craft* you should keep all your ships back and group your fighters in 2 groups. 1 Group of Tie fighters and another of bombers. Then you send in your fighters to draw fire and lure away x-wings so your bombers have a clear path to the station. Then you have your bombers blast the launchbay of the station to bits making the rest of your attack fairly simple. You could have your remaining and freshly spawned ties take out some weapons and move in the big Guns!:D Most of your losses will be Tie-fighters but seeing as how they will be back after each battle *and don't cost you a penny* it doesn'y really matter :D

Anyone else have any "economic" tactics? :p

I just use Admiral Piett with his proton beam to take out the launch bay, Boba Fett to take out the fighters, and since Piett is already near the station, he can blow the rest of it to bits, with some fighter and bomber support. If the Rebels even have capital ships, I generally have another 5 ISDs ready, they can take care of those. Possibly with some bomber support and maybe Boba if he has time to spare. I even suggested hit and run tactics on MC cruisers using the retreat function and bombers. As long as the ISDs get back, it didn't cost me a thing. Damage is instantly repaired, TIE's are instantly refilled, and you can head back for another run.

Hey, I'm Dutch and TIEs are free, that makes them perfect for me.

• 3 weeks later...

That only works for low level space stations, as the larger ones have the corvette and at some point even the Nebulon-B as spawning units. Still, I've always found it to be most effective to take out the reinforcement points first on the smaller station and take out the shield generator next. On the larger station I take out the shield generator first and the reinforcement points next. Generally a fleet of 6 squadrons of bombers can take care of any system with an instant kill. On most ships you generally only need 2 squads for an instant kill of a system. This way they only need to get the shots fired as you have enough waves to do some serious damage. Only problem is the corvettes, but the carrier ships can take care of them. Just make sure you take out the reinforcement points as you otherwise have to fight them over and over again.

Archived