Home

English lessons

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Nute said: 'I, for example, have no accent...'

Human, you just post whatever sounds reasonable at the time, don't you? wink.gifEveryone doesn't seem to have an accent to themselves. To others, though...they do. Accent is in the ear of the beholder.

rolleyes.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I actually don't have one. It's freaky. It's not a perception based on me hearing myself, it's from other people telling me this. There was a guy that once asked me if i was from somewhere else than the rest of my family because THEY had accents and I didn't. Weird.

Yo tambien puedo hablar español wink.gif

Darth Sceltor, es "bebo una Coca Cola, como una hamburguesa" eso es porque en español existe masculino y femenino, entonces "hamburgesa" es femenino y "un" es masculino, so you have to use "una" wink.gif

For me is more easy escribir en español.

Seguramente no entendieron nada de lo que dije biggrin.gif

------------------

Also knowed as Kanon

Let get those guys

I take Spanish in school. It's pretty cool.

I can probably translate AJ's message.

He is talking about how "una" is feminine because there is an "a" on the end of "un", which is the masculine form of "the". In Spanish, you have to make sure the "the" in the word agrees with your noun. Like "una hamburguesa". (Which means a hamburger.)

All that Spanish listening did pay off. Phew!

Guest DragonT

You asked...

Well, this last days I got lots of comments about my english, well see my first lessons:

In the last few days I have received a lot of comments about my English. Please, look at my first lessons:

Hello, how are you?

-I am fine, thank you very much!

Hello, how are you?

- I am fine, thank you very much!

How old are you?

-I am 22 years old

How old are you?

- I am 22 years old.

Were do you live?

-I live in my house

Where do you live?

- I live in my house.

No, idiot, where are you from?

-Ah, I am from Greece, son of...

No, idiot, where are you from!

- Oh, I am from Greece, son of...

Well, please put my recent sentences in the correct grammar so I can learn and reduce in a great % my grammar errors. (this last sentece also, no? )

Please put these sentences in proper grammar so I may learn and reduce a large percentage of my grammatical errors. (This sentence as well, please.)

Being as smart as always,

DragonT

Guest Rogue 9

No, idiot, where are you from?

-Ah, I am from Greece, son of...

No, idiot, where are you from!

- Oh, I am from Greece, son of...

Actually he had it right, the question mark is the correct punctuation symbol, not the exclamation point. biggrin.gif, correct my speeling if you wish but make sure you spell it right.

Guest DragonT

Actually it could be both. The language could be both emphatic (allowing for the exclaimation mark) or inquisitive. It all depends on the reader. IMO, an insult or curse is generally an emphatic tone of voice.

Dragon T

Sounds like Chinese, possibly mandarin.

I speak Canadian English, Canadian French, High Dragon ( cool.gif ), agus píosa beag Gaeilge.

Rinne mé staidéar Gaeilge anuraidh, ach níl ach beagán Gaeilge agam.

wink.gif

------------------

"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Guest DragonT

Which language was that? I only speak bad english and bad spanish, but I recognized (with my sleep deprived mind) the last part of that sentance. Correct me if I am wrong

"ach níl ach beagán Gaeilge agam"

Oh no, I'm speaking (uknown language) again.

"Zoomji Samja, han" sounds more like rodian.

Mine was <FONT COLOR = "green">Irish</FONT>. cool.gif

Originally posted by Flying Beastie:

agus píosa beag Gaeilge.

"And a little bit of Irish(language)."

(Irish has a different word for the language than the state of being Irish, BTW)

Rinne mé staidéar Gaeilge anuraidh, ach níl ach beagán Gaeilge agam.

"I studied Irish last year, but I speak but a little Irish only."

(approximate translation of course; the subject/verb dichotomy is odd, as is the grammar.)

------------------

"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."

Guest Rogue 9

Can anyain reid this...

as a side note, I have now been lisening to the japanese gundam wing theme for about an hr. over and over again. biggrin.gif

Guest DragonT

Cool, being Irish - decendant of the Druids - I've always wanted to learn Gaelic. Never could find a place that taught it, nor the time to learn it. Oh well.

DragonT

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Wally the space dolphin says that 'Zoomji samja, han' means 'Zoom understands, yes' in Punjabi, then he suggests that Dragon T isn't signing his posts unnecessarily, but rather is advertising a new kind of Chinese tea that is being exported to the United Stated, the primary ingredient of which (opium) is being cleverly labeled as 'dragon sweat' in a successful attempt to obfuscate the port authorities who are generally clueless and lack the time to sniff over every box of tea that logjams the warehouses of Seattle in an average day's commerce.

Tea, anyone? loopy.gif

Guest DragonT

Nah, nothing so complicated as that, Zoom (at least not that I'm gonna admit), just putting it down to make sure I remember who I am.

DragonT

- The guy whose professional title is "Master". Ain't I so cool?

Guest Rogue 9

anyone else wan't to try to make Jedi a legal religion, like that group in Australia, if enough people put it on there census forms next time they take it Jedi will be a real religion and you could all be legally jedi, cool huh.

-- the previous post was a spout off of useless info, disreguard if not intersted. biggrin.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, Mace Windu played by John Shaft. wink.gif

DragonT, I took my Irish course from Ottawa U.; there might be a University near you that offers. I'm part Irish too, BTW.

And Zoomie, dragons don't sweat. Dragon tears however, harden into diamond when exposed to oxygen.

Yes, I am the master of dragon trivia. cool.gif

------------------

Your weapons fire is still profane,

'neath the might of dragon's flame.

*breathes fire, igniting Zoomie's blaster and R9.5's conc missiles*

Boom. cool.gif

------------------

Archived