Home

An exception has occured

Master Toddy

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to get everyone terribly excited but I may have found a method of circumventing the dreaded "exception has occured" error.

Now, some of these instructions may prove to be nothing more than superstition...but I won't know till I test further.

To get rid of the error (temporarily)

#1) delete your "autosave" game file periodically (I don't know how often till I test further)

#2) never save in the middle of a battle. ie, only save while looking at the galactic map (this one may be superstition

thats it. so far I've had considerable success with this "fix". However I have no clue why it "works"

fyi, to delete the autosave game file follow the path:

c:\documents and settings\[user]\application data\petroglyph\empire at war\saves\slot0.sav

Like I said, I'm still testing this...so I appologize if it doesn't work for others. Additionally..I appologize if someone has already suggested this and I missed it.

happy gaming !

Chris

ps. LucasArts....could you please TEST your games a little before unleashing them upon an unsuspecting audience?? it's better to get it right and delay a game launch..then to consistently get it wrong every time. you guys need to pull your socks up and fix this culture of fraud. poo on you :p

well..following the guidlines I layed out...I was able to finish the game for the Rebels. I'll be starting the Empire campaign next week..

the exception still occured, but as soon as I deleted the slot0.sav file and rebooted...miraculously..it worked 0_o

Now..I'm not sure WHY it worked....maybe I got lucky...but I was able to finish the game...which after a month of frustration is such a relief. (though..the ending is dissappointing *shrug*)

Archived