Home

Editing AI Difficulty

ElizLestrad

Is there a way to balance the bot ai to make them more like they are supposed to be?

Because its supposed to be: Easy, Medium, Hard

And Not: Easy, Hard, and Oh My F'n God!

Specifically build times for bots, because I was playing Shipyards of Kuat and destroyed a level 5 space station before I lost my last ship to their last star destroyer yet not a minute later I attacked and they were already back to a level 4 station and had completely rebuilt their fleet. And I know they didnt transfer from other systems due to spy units I had positioned to watch for just that. I also noticed the same thing with ground assaults. Its like they build 10x faster or something...and that was only on "medium."

Also is there a way to remove the time limits on the galactic conquest levels because some of the times seem nigh impossible.

Either possibility is not particularly difficult. DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML is your friend. Its mostly quite simple and self-explanatory. Have fun and don't feed the animals.

Well, that file only effects the galactic conquests and possibly the skirmishes, but NOT the story campaign.....sadly.

Archived