Home

Idea about new models

Three60

The game loads what models the game is told to load, right? And we know where they would be found if we edited them, right? Why not make our own models using another program and having the game read them? I can't do it, I can't make a decent model at all, but if someone could test this it would push our mods forward in development.

I can model, in fact in the space battle 2.1 mod thread by mistenTH I showed a TIE interceptor model I started to work on for EaW. BUT, we can't just throw the models in. We need the certain filetype, and in this case of EaW, the files are .dds (textures, I know there's a way to edit this I just can't remember where the tools are [the ones I've seen aren't meant for EaW specifically but they will work]) and the model with the mesh and bones are in .ALO and the animations are in .ALA. Now we can make all the models and skin them but we can do nothing to get them into the game until the developers release the mod tools,which I pray, will include the model and animation exporters for let's say, 3dsmax which I hear is the program that the devs used to make the models for EaW.

Archived