Home

Should've known the Empire would cheat...

Rhedd-5

In my last game as the Rebels, I noticed I was running into a LOT of AT-ATs, and nothing else. Then I suddenly realized; Kashyyyk had nothing built on it but advanced factories. Kessel's two slots were both filled with advanced factories. R2 and Threepio revealed many other planets to have the same arrangement.

See the problem? Advanced factories require heavy factories which require light factories! You can't build nothing but advanced factories on a planet.

But wait, that's not all. I raided a planet with nothing but one advanced factory, destroyed it, retreated, and came RIGHT back with a tougher raiding party. What did I find? THREE advanced factories. In the time it took to build one infiltrator. What a surprise!

Anyway, I'm posting this here because I have heavily modified quite a few files, but I can't for the life of me think of what I might've done to cause this.

The advanded factory still says it requires a heavy first, and I haven't messed with any files other than the basic vehicle and campaign XMLs.

This happened on my first game played on Hard from the beginning. Does the AI ignore prerequisites on hard, or something stupid?

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Any would be appreciated.

In my last game as the Rebels, I noticed I was running into a LOT of AT-ATs, and nothing else. Then I suddenly realized; Kashyyyk had nothing built on it but advanced factories. Kessel's two slots were both filled with advanced factories. R2 and Threepio revealed many other planets to have the same arrangement.

See the problem? Advanced factories require heavy factories which require light factories! You can't build nothing but advanced factories on a planet.

But wait, that's not all. I raided a planet with nothing but one advanced factory, destroyed it, retreated, and came RIGHT back with a tougher raiding party. What did I find? THREE advanced factories. In the time it took to build one infiltrator. What a surprise!

Anyway, I'm posting this here because I have heavily modified quite a few files, but I can't for the life of me think of what I might've done to cause this.

The advanded factory still says it requires a heavy first, and I haven't messed with any files other than the basic vehicle and campaign XMLs.

This happened on my first game played on Hard from the beginning. Does the AI ignore prerequisites on hard, or something stupid?

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Any would be appreciated.

I never encountered this but i the AI in general cheats anyway, they gotta cheat to a degree to be challenging, but when i played it, it always knew what i was sending in the invasion and spawned units to counter them exactly.

Thats what put me off, i haven't played this game for a while.

Exactly. If they told it to be selling that stuff to get more of another, they could. I've had the same problem, but instead of complaining build more plex soldiers! They are the best counter to the AT-AT (speder only is good when they move, and they will stop to shoot at the speeder when it comes in). Just get some T2-B tanks to defend the plex soldiers, get Chewie to steal one of them, and have a lot of plex soldiers killing them all. If possible, send someone to their base and use a bombing run to destroy a factory.

Archived