Home

Battle Cruiser: Millenium

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK.

That may be WHY I've never heard about them! biggrin.gif

Has anyone actually played this game? Cuz the screenshots look cool, but if it's not a good game I'll stay away.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited May 26, 2001).]

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Why dont you download the demo and see for yourself whether its a good game or not? - hey can Stealth please get a spell checker in here i know ulimate bulletin boards support them now?

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

For every wierdness there is an equal and opposite wierdness

For Chrisomatic web site handling email -

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

The reason Bc3k sucked was because of a deadline and its came out extremely buggy and in Dos.

The Bc3k Demo is fully playable and the BCM demo is also playable.The BCM episode 2 demo which supports the new terrain engine is supposed to be released the is week.

Have you ever experienced a game where things go one without your interaction(Hourly transports docking with stations,Enemies passing by headed for another sector,etc)

The reason this game will be so great when it is released is the fact that you can do anything.

This game has everything.

• Go planetside as a Marine
  • Chase an enemy cruiser from takeoff on planet out of the entire sector as a fighter pilot
  • Command the entire Galcom fleet from your Warmonger heavy cruiser
  • Mow down enemy infantry with an ATV
  • Operate your own armed civilian transport
  • And do all of the above for the enemy and neutral forces.

------------------

iconn84.gif

Official Forum Nuclear Terrorist & God of Insanity

[This message has been edited by Commander 598 (edited May 27, 2001).]

Originally posted by Commander 598:

<a href=http://www.3000ad.com>The perfect game</a>.

haha funny... First good laugh of the day... You are kidding, aren't you? Because if you aren't, it's even funnier.<font size=1>

[This message has been edited because I'm a ****ing idiot.]

[This message has been edited by Poor Bastard (edited May 27, 2001).]

Guest Jabba The Hunt

i thought it might be ok but its a pile of **** i cant believe that hes even trying to give this game away its abusive to my hard drive and amazing 1GHz computer!!!

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Poor Bastard:

haha funny... First good laugh of the day... You are kidding, aren't you? Because if you aren't, it's even funnier.<font size=1>

The last thing you'll ever desire-CGM(Computer Games Magzine)

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/editorial/reviews/reviews.asp?pf_id=199503&mscssid=VFG3TJ4KT0BM9MQU0M78DPHRBN1F7TCF

Wait till I tell SC about you!(SC=Supreme Commander=Derek Smart)

------------------

iconn84.gif

The demo of the game is avaliable on the game's website www.300ad.com

Some people get negative on the game because it has a high learning curve. After all, it is a game where you can take control of every asset and thing there is, from a 1st person perspective marine (attn: Quake and UT fans), to fighters and shuttles (attn:X-Wing fans), to armed transports, cruisers, warships and carriers, starbases and starstation... and all this from either a 1st person "in the cockpit" view or from a tactical computer system view... so yes, it is hard for those used to arcade click'n'shoot momma im having fun pass the cookies players who are not used to thinking to grasp all this in the first 2 days of playing, give up and talk trash about it.

Basically, its a game that covers nearly all genres in one.. and they all happen on the same game, real-time...and the next game in the series will be MASSIVE online play. Move over EQ.

Get the demo, try before you buy. If you do like it, drop by the 3000ad forum and visit the community there.

Guest Parias

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

http://www.voodooextreme.com/comments.taf?postID=15426&_start=51

oh look...derek had his stealth ninja lawyer assassin bots have all the negative comments about his little game removed...how quaint.

Uh, no, that was Eidolon removing those posts because the people were being ass-heads. Derek Smart-related VE posts always attract the worst of the community.

Originally posted by Poor Bastard:

And I forgot.

You'll be laughing your ****ing ass off!

HAHA!

------------------

iconn84.gif

Guest pyros

With out breaking the NDA I can't say much, the only flaw if there is one, is that you will need to have a brain to play this game.

Both me and my wife are in the beta and both really impressed with how it is going, you can basically do anything you want.

Even though its beta, I've tried playing all my old space games from wing commander to freespace 2 and they all seem so damn shallow. I can do things in BCM beta without crashing that you can't touch in other games.

People like Nute Gunray have a real chip on there shoulder but I don't minds that, all i'm saying is try demo one, then realise its an early beta demo and wait for Demo two.

Its Annoying but if it wasn't for the NDA there is so many experiences i've had in the beta that honestly left me speechless.

Guest Hamblin

X Wing wouldn't run on my computer. It constantly crashed, there were bugs everywhere, and generally, it was a complete load of rubbish.

Consequently, I think that X Wing Alliance is also a complete load of rubbish. I haven't played it, bought it, seen it, hell, I haven't even looked at it, but I think it is a complete load of rubbish because of my previous bias based on a completely different game, that was a completely different piece of coding, made under completely different circumstances, and with the latter having been made with the lessons of the former.

Furthermore, I would urge you to avoid any LucasArts games in the future, as my one, bad experience with them has completely shattered my view of the world being totally perfect.

Guest Jabba The Hunt

i downloaded the dome from the link up there, it only supports 3dfx graphics cards, the graphics are worse the X-wing and for some reason i dont know this guy is trying to sell this game!!!

------------------

Official Forum Newbian

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Archived