Home

A guide on how to add new music

Elukka

I did a search and couldn't find anything, so i thought i'd post a little guide. Adding music is quite simple when you figure it out, but some people have been asking how it's done

1. Move your mp3 file to Star Wars Empire at War/GameData/Data/Audio/Music. (create the folder(s) if needed)

2. If you haven't already, use a .meg extractor to extract the config.meg file, located in Star Wars Empire at War/GameData.

3. Dig up MUSICEVENTS.XML, also delete the DATA%XML stuff from the filename if needed.

4. Create a folder named XML if needed to GameData/Data. Put MUSICEVENTS.XML in there.

5. Now you should have all the needed files in the right places, time to get the music in-game. :) Open the MUSICEVENTS.XML. There you have lot's of music event thingies. These are quite self-explanatory, for example "Desert_Land_Empire_Battle_Music_Event" dictates what music is played when you are fighting as the Empire on a desert planet.

6. Add the name(s) of the files you want played in that particular music event, separated by commas. For example <Files>blahblah.mp3, blehbleh.mp3</Files>

7. Done. :)

Archived