Home

HUGE PROBLEM WITH HARDPOINTS

Master Leffe

I've been modifying my game like most everyone else, but I've come across a huge problem: Every hardpoint in the game is destroyed upon beginning a battle. From Acclamators to Star Bases, all the hardpoints are gone. Ships jump in from hyperspace with nothing on them, but continue to survive. Worse still is the fact the no ship other than fighters and non-hardpoint heroes can fire weaponry... Besides removing the hardpoint.xml (that works, but I want my modifications ingame), is there any way to fix the problem?

What characteristics of the hardpoints did you change? Have you changed the names of any of the hardpoints? If you have, make sure that you edit the ships (frigates.xml, capitals.xml, etc) and give them the correct names for the hardpoints.

I did this once with a new ship I was coding and the ship appeared with no hardpoints, but was alive.

If you haven't changed the names of the hardpoints, perhaps you changed something that globally affects all hardpoints (if such a variable exists).

Archived